IGNORED

Jig and Bucktail Making

Palawman30

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the fluid bed help guys! Got about 100 jigs painted yesterday and plan on doing another paint session after chukar hunting this morning. What kinda bobnin are you using to tie the tails on? Would my $2 fly tying bobbin be ok' date=' or should I get one of the fancy $10 ones?

[img']http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r309/BestNJBirdDogs/2013-02-16_17-35-43_764_zpse727e2d3.jpg[/img]

I believe the 3/0 waxed thread is what I use. Just make sure you epoxy the threads.

I've also used braided fishing line. The stuff never breaks.

referral-0686239001424316551.png

PredaTorch.com         Hot Estrous Doe and Other Deer Scent, Night Predator Lights

What size eyes do you use?

different size eyes for different size jig heads. no need to go through the expense of 3-d eyes, reflective foil work fine. Best cement I have found for keeping the eyes on is either Boehner or Goat Tuff archery cement. In addition to putting it on the eye backing I also put a coat over top of the eye once it's affixed. I NEVER lose eyes anymore since using that practice.

Excellence, in anything, never occurs by chance

Achieving perfection is impossible. Striving for perfection makes greatness achievable

different size eyes for different size jig heads. no need to go through the expense of 3-d eyes' date=' reflective foil work fine. Best cement I have found for keeping the eyes on is either Boehner or Goat Tuff archery cement. In addition to putting it on the eye backing I also put a coat over top of the eye once it's affixed. I NEVER lose eyes anymore since using that practice.

[/quote']

I normally use 4's for 2 oz and 5's for 4 oz was just wondering if he used something different

PredaTorch.com         Hot Estrous Doe and Other Deer Scent, Night Predator Lights

Tormenter Do It sells molds for the ultra minnow all the way up to 8oz now came out ably a year ago.I can a custom mold from Collins customer mold the does 10 12 14 and 16 oz four the guppy minnow for bucktailing deep fast water like Ambrose Chanel.

Hunting and fishing is not a sport to me its a way of life:rock:

No bucktail left behind is my moto. I usually fish with just one or two guys and we do such short drifts over the sticky stuff anyway. Quick circle back and free it up then continue the drift. I had the privilege last year to get a bucktailing lesson from our very own Matty. Changed my whole game

Boat name " Morgue "

Team " GFYYF "

modified a ultra jig mold to get the desired effect...

I wanted a 2-3-4 oz tap dancer type

20130303_120936_zps2265e47d.jpg

20130303_144743_zpsf3545a94.jpg

used an old teaser just to see what it will ultimately look like... new teasers coming soon!

20130303_144816_zps5a1fcf86.jpg

Also ran a batch of freshwater shaky head jigs for bass fishing. this is the new trokar mold except I used the new mustad needlepoints. im not payin a $1 a hook!!! These are stand up heads similar to a spot sticker. I made 1/8's ,3/16's,1/4's, 5/16's, 3/8's.

I used watermelon powder coat and black..

20130225_203049_zpsd3012d1f.jpg

20130225_211746_zpsbccd3179.jpg

20130225_211900_zpsb078d3a8.jpg

Thanks guys!

Cant wait to try out the shaky heads on pre spawn bass down on the Potomac!!!

We absolutely crushed them a couple years ago during a tournament same time of year on a little different style shaky head.