IGNORED

Striped Bass Tournament June 1, 2013..

sam3

Maybe we'll try this again some other time.

Nonetheless, we're all fishing that day and meeting at the new Jake-a-bob's afterwards. When Lou gets back from Texas, he can confirm the new address. I don't know it offhand.

Thanks guys.

Joe, I'm mailing your payment back to you.

Guys, it sounds like there isn't a whole lot of interest/participation in the tournament side...so I say we just head out and have some fun, meet up afterwards and have a couple beers!

Lou's been busy traveling around the US as a philanthropic volunteer, so hopefully he'll have an update on the new Jake-a-bobs when he returns! :up:

Sam, thanks for the help trying to organize this...I know it's been a pain in the butt.  I'll buy ya a beer or three, and maybe even a new bottle of Pantene Pro V to maintain that natural hair sheen! :D

Nonetheless, we're all fishing that day and meeting at the new Jake-a-bob's afterwards.

Sam - make sure you tell your waitress to "take an extra ten" when paying your Jakeabob's Bay bill. They'll add an extra $10 to your tab and then they'll use the money to pay the bill for local residents who can't afford lunch/dinner. Plus, Gigi will be matching your donation dollar for dollar, so by saying "take an extra ten" you'll actaully be donating $20.

I'm back!!! Texas was great. Haven't been on the site a lot lately because of traveling and and getting the restaurant set up. All is good for next week after fishing. No need for any reservations. We will all just meet at Jakeabobs for some cold beer and some awesome burgers. Anybody have any idea on a time? 4-5 pm??The address is 910 union avenue. Union beach. It's less then a mile down the road from the old location. It's just closer to route 36. Any questions, shoot me a message. I'll be on here more actively now. Just had to get things settled down around here and haven't had much time to post. Lookin forward to seeing you guys next week!!

"I am the MacGyver of cooking. If you bring me a piece of bread, cabbage, coconut, mustard greens, pigs feet, pine cones...and a woodpecker, I'll make you a good chicken pot pie." — Si Robertson

Need some warm water to get that ocean bite going. Looks like it may happen in time for the weekend

I hope NOAA's forecast is wrong... would be nice to fish this weekend.

Zone Forecast: Coastal waters from Sandy Hook to Manasquan Inlet NJ

Sat: SW winds 10 to 15 kt...increasing to 15 to 20 kt. Seas 4 to 6 ft.

Sun: SW winds 15 to 20 kt...becoming S 20 to 25 kt. Seas 4 to 7 ft. A chance of showers and tstms. Winds and seas higher in and near tstms.

it will be ok...get out there early and put a few on the deck..see ya at jakeabobs for some beers after

Hey, I once got handed down underwear and a paperclip for Christmas, and it was a great gift. - Si