IGNORED

2015 Coldest Hunter Photo Contest, Sponsored by Ted's Taxidermy & Bow Shop

BowhunterNJ

Welcome to the 2015 Coldest Hunter Photo Contest, Sponsored by Ted's Taxidermy & Bow Shop!

Submit your photos and shared links directly to this topic!

Contest Rules:

• Contest entry and photo/link sharing requirements.  All of the following MUST be met in order to qualify:
    • Photo submission to this topic must include a picture of the hunter in full camo/hunting gear with a thumbs up (makes it unique for this contest) in the coldest scene you can depict.  No animal required, so this makes it easier for more to enter and lets you be creative with the photo/scene!
    • You must share the Ted's Taxidermy & Bow Shop deer mount advertisement picture below and a link to this contest on any NJ based outdoors website or Facebook page you feel would be interested (can be your own FB) other than NJ Woods & Water or Ted's Taxidermy & Bow Shop.
    • There is no limit on the number of entries.  Additional link sharing is welcome, but not required.  Only one link share suffices to support a single member's entries.
  msg-710-0-98219000-1421071686.jpg

Direct Contest Link:              https://www.njwoodsandwater.com/topic/4926-2015-coldest-hunter-photo-contest-sponsored-by-teds-taxidermy-bow-shop/
Direct Advertisement Image Link:  //cdn.njwoodsandwater.com/monthly_01_2015/post-2-0-09158800-1421344294.jpg
  • A link to your shared submission must be provided in your entry here to validate.
  • Submission deadline is midnight February 17, 2015
  • Winner will selected by the NJ Woods & Water team and Ted's Taxidermy & Bow Shop on or after February 17, 2015 based on the coldest/coolest picture.
Prize (Valued at $126.99!):

One (1) dozen uncut, factory fletched, .003 straightness Black Eagle Rampage arrows shipped anywhere in NJ courtesy of Ted's Taxidermy & Bow Shop!  Winner picks the arrow spine they'd like.  

Valued at $126.99!

Arrow specifications:

• ***NEW Stainless Steel Bone Crusher Half-Out is NOW Included***
  • Length (Carbon to Carbon) 32"
  • Nocks and Stainless Steel Bone Crusher Half-Outs
  • Bohning Blazer Vanes - 18 Grains ( color varies )
  • Select your arrow spine from the attached chart below or go to Black Eagle Arrow Sizing Chart for more information
BEArrowSizing.PNG

Sample Submission:

Picture: 

DSC07432.JPG

Shared Link:  Some Link to where you submitted the Ted's Taxidermy & Bow Shop deer mount advertisement picture below and a link to this contest

Good luck to all who participate!!! :up:

Also remember Ted's Taxidermy and Bow Shop offers awesome skull cleaning services!  Be sure to check them out at http://www.camoitup.biz!!! :up:

msg-710-0-59847800-1421073642.jpg

I was actually colder the other day, and I took a selfie for the contest (which by the way taking a selfie feels horrifyingly gay to do). Anyway I'm gonna enter this one, Unless I can enter multiple pictures. In which case I guarantee I end up with a colder picture while pred hunting. I was already out when it was 6degrees. 

Not sure what the temp was tonight, but I did see 7 deer and a red fox. Almost had a shot at a real nice buck, but he passed me at 20 yards but never offered a clear shot. When this nice doe came by a little later I was able to shoot her at about 10 yards. She crossed the fence right where the buck was supposed to and came down the trail picture perfect.  I was only about 10' or so feet up in my tree saddle tonight. Fun hunt. She went 40 yards and piled up.

1 21 2015 Doe.jpg

“I have always tempered my killing with respect for the game pursued. I see the animal not only as a target, but as a living creature with more freedom than I will ever have. I take that life if I can, with regret as well as joy, and with the sure knowledge that nature’s way of fang and claw and starvation are a far crueler fate than I bestow.” – Fred Bear

Nice, way to kick it off Grizzly Adams! :up::)

I updated the rules to allow for multiple entries per member, and only one link share is required (no one has to spam links to submit entries).

You still have to share the link and provide the backlink though to qualify ;)

On the bright side, even though you feel gay...you're the only contender to win $126.99 arrows! :)

Like this?

I have no idea how to even use Facebook, I joined after this years wounded warrior hunt because I wanted to keep in touch with everyone, but I suck at it so I never log in and basically avoid it like the plague. Plus I don't have time for that stuff and what on earth am I going to write about? LOL...

Anyways. If this isn't right, I can post it on the only other hunting forum I visit which is Saddlehunter.com. It's unique to people that hunt out of saddle style stands, but it is run by one of our very own NJ guys.  :up:

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100005002097510

I think the only way my ugly mug is gonna win is if I stay the only entry. lol  :rofl:

“I have always tempered my killing with respect for the game pursued. I see the animal not only as a target, but as a living creature with more freedom than I will ever have. I take that life if I can, with regret as well as joy, and with the sure knowledge that nature’s way of fang and claw and starvation are a far crueler fate than I bestow.” – Fred Bear

Last night I went out again to do some predator hunting for a few hours.

The first sit I stumbled through the snow to a good little spot. Got settled in, let the area settle down for a bit (even though it was so windy with fresh powder snow there was really no need)....

Did my calling, waited, after nothing for a while I decided to try another spot. When I got up, I noticed fox tracks literally on the other side of the tree I was leaning against! I thought, you gotta be kidding me?!

I should have taken a picture, the tracks went about 3' behind my tree and stopped right there. At that point the fox must have spotted me move to switch calls or smelled me? I have no idea. It was so windy with such soft snow I never heard a thing. I couldn't believe I was that close to the fox and never had a clue. The fox tracks stopped abruptly and then ran back the way it came. I followed the tracks back and they went back to my own tracks. The dang fox used my trail through the snow to make travel easier. I couldn't believe it! I guess it's because I always call foxes dumb compared to coyotes, they are finally getting me back. I've now called in 6 that I know of now this year and haven't killed one. lol

The thumbs up is for this contest, but by the end of the night I was feeling more like a thumbs down. lol

predator hunting Jan 27.jpg

I know I didn't have to, but I linked back to it again too.

http://saddlehunter.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=504

Edited by Matty

I was in shock when I saw the tracks.

I stood up, turned around to sling my gun and pickup my backpack and my light shines right on fresh tracks within mere feet of me. I immediately shined my light all around to see if it was anywhere nearby but nothing.

I still can't believe it. It's kind of funny, kind of cool and kind of pissed me off. lol

I did feel like a big frozen dumb arse standing there...a fox had been so close I could have clubbed it and I was oblivious to it. Take away your hearing with howling winds and soft powdery snow and hunting becomes a lot more difficult. I never even heard a sound that would make me suspect an animal was nearby.