IGNORED

who else is a waterfowler?

Bubblehead

I use the primos wood duck call but my friend uses the haydel wood duck call and both sound great. The promos comes with basic instructions. You can get an app for your phone that will produce the sounds so you can compare your call to the real thing. A little practice and scouting and if you are able to hit the little rockets it will be duck dinner for you

Thanks again man! :up:  :up:

I'm definitely gonna give it a try this next season. 

“I have always tempered my killing with respect for the game pursued. I see the animal not only as a target, but as a living creature with more freedom than I will ever have. I take that life if I can, with regret as well as joy, and with the sure knowledge that nature’s way of fang and claw and starvation are a far crueler fate than I bestow.” – Fred Bear

Thanks. Been listening to wood duck sounds on youtube, definitely going to be a little learning curve on making the sounds.

Once I learn it though, I can tell people I speak a few foreign languages....Deer, Turkey, Elk, Fox and Wood-duck. lol Never figured out how to talk to a woman though.  

“I have always tempered my killing with respect for the game pursued. I see the animal not only as a target, but as a living creature with more freedom than I will ever have. I take that life if I can, with regret as well as joy, and with the sure knowledge that nature’s way of fang and claw and starvation are a far crueler fate than I bestow.” – Fred Bear

Well if it's anything like fox hunting with super fast action, the stars are already aligned for me to miss every damn one of them. lol

This idea may be over after one season. lol We'll see.

Oh and CONGRATS Brian! 

Edited by Matty

• 2 weeks later...

Been hunting waterfowl since the mid 70's  when it comes to hunting, waterfowl (ducks ) and turkey is my passion.  then predator calling.  geese use to be high on the list but I would rather get muddy than lay in a field.  When I think back on waterfowl hunting from start till now I can see the changes I made. started out simple, single shot, early season no hip boots just jeans and maybe boots more than not converse LOL  then went to hip boots and a pump, and carharts, as I gain money and got to drive, the plastic deks maybe  24. and a old olt call.  and camo, as I learned  and got better I went to cork dekes, waders, got a boat. got the dog.  at some point the corks started to give way back to the plastics, the boat started to give way to back to walk in hunts. putting out 36 to 65 dekes segregated, gave way to 3 to 12 and how they came out of the bag is how they went into the water LOL. and now I could care less about limits, the hunts that one shot is fire is just as much fun and remembered as the hunts where the ducks are every where.  I have the privilege to have my 2 sons as my duck hunting buddies, along with my old time buddies.   do it with perfection as turned into just do it.    the passion for waterfowl, turkey and predator hunting put me into the call making field.  so I guess I is a waterfowl hunter LOL

here is 2 pics of 2 hunts I will remember for the rest of my life. notice only one kill in each hunt.

016-2.jpg

100_5848.jpg

ACP WILDLIFE CONTROL SERVICES AND ACP REDNECKS PRIDE

referral-0076111001448070575.jpg

• 2 months later...

Its funny how people grow in hunting experience, you start out with junk hand me downs and you are always trying to get the newest and best product just out, but in the end you will ALWAYS revert back to your original old school learning tools. Im Lucky I learned this at a younger age I went from begging my parents for the newest and most expensive China made decoys in high school, and now I make my own that don't look nearly as good but I can say they are hand made by mepost-775-14025052407881_thumb.jpgpost-775-14025052407881_thumb.jpgpost-775-14025052407881_thumb.jpg

post-775-14025052839793_thumb.jpg

post-775-14025053114305_thumb.jpg