You too Gruntmaster! Good luck too! fighting purr fighting purr...lol

Matty

thefirstndsecond

Palawman30 

Cousin Brown

rossbowhunter

NJBowman

Gruntmaster

Just looked at last years results. Freaking GobblerGetter crushed some monster bird worth over 80 points. 

I forgot that I took myself out of the contest since we didn't have the right number of people for the teams....I would have finished 3rd all by myself though...Not too shabby. lol

Whenever I think of turkeys I also think of BobR...Wonder how he's doing... I bought some of his trapping stuff when he was moving to Florida...He was another turkey machine and a real nice guy.

COME ON SPRING!!!!

Edited by Matty

“I have always tempered my killing with respect for the game pursued. I see the animal not only as a target, but as a living creature with more freedom than I will ever have. I take that life if I can, with regret as well as joy, and with the sure knowledge that nature’s way of fang and claw and starvation are a far crueler fate than I bestow.” – Fred Bear

I like the way she works a gobbler call. lol

“I have always tempered my killing with respect for the game pursued. I see the animal not only as a target, but as a living creature with more freedom than I will ever have. I take that life if I can, with regret as well as joy, and with the sure knowledge that nature’s way of fang and claw and starvation are a far crueler fate than I bestow.” – Fred Bear

LOL...

Tie it to a stick...ROFL

I used to have the same exact gobble call too. I've lost like three of them though. So I learned to gobble with my mouth call instead. Trying to perfect it with just my voice too. 

If anyone's been following me around over the years, they could probably open a sporting goods store with all the stuff I've lost and left behind. lol

Yeah, I've lost two for certain, and one that was someone elses. After I bought them a replacement, I said no more gobble calls for me. lol

That call definitely does the trick, though gobbling on public land can be dangerous and it can also push birds away sometimes, so I gobble sparingly. The tube types sound even better though. The Haint by Down and Dirty is one of the best gobble calls as far as realistic sound goes. 

The guys that can do it with their mouths and with diaphragm calls though usually sound the most realistic. 

Funny you guys talk about pieces of equipment lost in the woods over the years...

I recall all the fishing equipment I donated to the bottom of the Delaware in my youth...

Beautiful Fenwick- Mitchell combo spinner rigs, buck knives, 35mm SLR, tackle box loaded with bass plugs., new chainsaw, camping stoves, lanterns, list goes on and on.

I could only imagine all the gear in that mud down there.

NRA Life Member
"From My Cold Dead Hands"                          I'm all for Gun Control...I use both Hands.

Oh  Hell YEAHHHH ! ! !

Matty

thefirstndsecond

Palawman30 

Cousin Brown

rossbowhunter

NJBowman

Gruntmaster

Highguy

Drop Tine 

Edited by Drop Tine

}}}--I certainly do chase New Jersey's BIG Bucks, BIG Birds, and BIG Fish--->

Best Bow Buck to date; 2011 Gross; 142 6/8
Best Gobbler to date; 2012 NWTF score of 77.5
Best Northern Pike to date; 40" (Passaic River Pike )
Best Muskie to date; (The hunt begins)

I really don't see that I'm going to have much time for turkey hunting this year. Hoping to be able to at least get out a few times though. With that being said, I think I'm going to have to sit this one out.

"Well Behaved Women Seldom Make History" - Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

NJ State Federation of Sportsmen's Clubs Member
NRA Life Member

NWTF Women In The Outdoors Member

UBNJ Member