IGNORED

Interesting article on kids, smart phones, and social media

Bonefreak

Saw this article and thought it was interesting.....mentions how when kids post on Instagram, etc.....and they receive a "like"....a small dose of dopamine is released in their brain, giving them the feeling of pleasure.....goes same for adults on FB and NJWW.....

This is the same scientific phenomenon that causes people to become addicted to all kinds of things......some good like huntin n fishin, as we continue to chase that "high" we get from the dopamine released in our brains after we get a nice buck, catch a nice fish, or share a nice time by ourselves or w a fellow hunter or fisher in the great outdoors.....

Some addictions are obviously bad, like heroin, when that huge amount of dopamine is released in a person's brain after they ingest the drug, giving them a feeling of complete euphoria....which they chase again and again and again until their dopamine receptors in their brains are permanently fried like the, "this is your brain on drugs ...eggs frying in pan commercial" 

And....some are risky, like wingsuiting, the guys that jump off cliffs and fly like bats in their bird suits.....incredible dopamine and adrenaline dump for feeling exhilarated pleasure....but could be tragic as they often die and it is considered the most dangerous sport on Earth.

So, once you understand the science of how someone acquires pleasure through the chemical process of dopamine releases in the brain, as described in this doctor video, it helps people understand addiction.

I asked my 13 yr old boy to read the kids and social media article and asked him to report back to me what he learned. 

https://www.waituntil8th.org/blog/2018/11/12/middle-school-misfortunes-then-and-now-one-teachers-take?fbclid=IwAR3w5BmySocBN_YxZRkJmIMylgg-tnwhzM9D4_g4iRpBCHnbhxhe60jEbgM

Edited by Bonefreak

11 minutes ago, Coyoteslayer said:

I couldn't decide to use laugh emoji or give rusty a like. I went with like because I wanted him to get some dopamine 

:rofl:

🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈

30 minutes ago, Rusty said:

It is so true, affirmation through social media has become a serious addiction.  It's really scary to watch what's happening to society.

And btw, if I don't get at least 5 likes for this post I'm going to be really disappointed.   

:peace: LIKE 

🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈

42 minutes ago, Rusty said:

It is so true, affirmation through social media has become a serious addiction.  It's really scary to watch what's happening to society.

And btw, if I don't get at least 5 likes for this post I'm going to be really disappointed.