IGNORED

Winslow WMA Hunt

MVday88

1 hour ago, mazzgolf said:

OMG, let me tell you about that z19 just off Jackson road. Two years ago I decided to hunt that area during 6-day with a buddy of mine. We got in before dark. And by the time (I'm going to say, can't remember exactly) 10:00am came around, we had *3* clubs drive right through us. Not around us, literally a guy to my left and a guy to my right walking through. It was nuts. I never went back.

I didn't know they push deer off 23 to 19 - that sux, if only because they are putting the deer in danger (as well as the drivers in those cars) making them run across Jackson.

Yeah thats what they do because you cant shoot the does on 23 side of Jackson. It can be flat out scary sometimes when you get a couple clubs in the same area.

3 hours ago, mazzgolf said:

OMG, let me tell you about that z19 just off Jackson road. Two years ago I decided to hunt that area during 6-day with a buddy of mine. We got in before dark. And by the time (I'm going to say, can't remember exactly) 10:00am came around, we had *3* clubs drive right through us. Not around us, literally a guy to my left and a guy to my right walking through. It was nuts. I never went back.

I didn't know they push deer off 23 to 19 - that sux, if only because they are putting the deer in danger (as well as the drivers in those cars) making them run across Jackson.

Is that still part of Wharton state forrest right there in Z19 off Jackson Rd? Thanks

3 hours ago, MVday88 said:

Is that still part of Wharton state forrest right there in Z19 off Jackson Rd? Thanks

Yes. You should be able to see the state park signs all along Jackson there. But here's a map - you can see Wharton is on both sides of Jackson Rd. just as you past Atco Dragway:

https://www.state.nj.us/dep/parksandforests/parks/maps/WhartonAreaMapFinal_reduced.pdf

1 hour ago, mazzgolf said:

Yes. You should be able to see the state park signs all along Jackson there. But here's a map - you can see Wharton is on both sides of Jackson Rd. just as you past Atco Dragway:

https://www.state.nj.us/dep/parksandforests/parks/maps/WhartonAreaMapFinal_reduced.pdf

Thanks golf. It looked like it on google maps but wasnt for sure havent been over in that area yet. Appreciate it. 

22 hours ago, Bones said:

Winslow gets hit hard since they realese pheasant there the deer are there but not by the stocking areas

i don’t know what rd your coming in off of but by the sound of it you need to go more by the express way and deep into the swamp.

its also Friday so 50 clubs have pushed that 1000 times .

any place you try now you have to think deep thick swamp

Well i hunted Winslow 3 times and didnt see any deer during the 6 day. When my bow gets here i will try to do some more hunting but i cant complain first time i’ve been able to hunt in 3 years was great to get out there and see the wildlife. Good luck to everyone and if you have any tips about hunting the area feel free to share. New to the NJ hunting laws so I have been doing a lot of research and might join a hunting club to meet some new people and learn from them.