IGNORED

The Idaho Elk Journey: "Living in the Mountains" (part 2 with pictures)

Matty

Matty when I lived in Idaho for abit it is mind blowing to witness the endless wilderness .. A lot of guys don't understand how the elevation hammers you.. Definitely a unique trip.. Coming to this state is always hard to take..

Joe

Capt. Joe G

Sykk Physh Sportfishing

(732) 239 1404

www.sykkphyshsportfishing.com

www.jpgcharters.com

Thank you for sharing!  Beautiful pictures and a great trip.  Sometimes it's pushing ourself to take the adventure and to live it, that make coming home with tag soup not so bad.  Incredible adventures are worth it.  You'll go back and you'll get one.

Thanks all. Really was amazing to get out there and finally go on my dream hunt.  I'll do it again, I have to. Having the trip cut short left me so fired up to keep going. I can't get elk off my brain now.

I still have a lot of pictures and even a tiny bit of video to share, but I just haven't had a chance to add it yet and not all of it's in my possession. Unfortunately, most of the time I was so "in the moment" and in hunt mode, that I forgot to take video, but I have a short clip where you can hear a bull bugling back at Dan in the distance. (Can't see the bull, but can hear him)

I also have a little footage of a nice herd with a couple good bulls, but it's from a long ways away. Those were eventually the elk we got into, but the first night was the only time I actually took any video footage of them. The rest of the time I forgot.

“I have always tempered my killing with respect for the game pursued. I see the animal not only as a target, but as a living creature with more freedom than I will ever have. I take that life if I can, with regret as well as joy, and with the sure knowledge that nature’s way of fang and claw and starvation are a far crueler fate than I bestow.” – Fred Bear

• 2 weeks later...

Congrats on doing the trip Matty, sounds like a great time. Now you've got a problem because you are going to want to go back every year. Do it now when you're young. Wish I started taking those trips earlier in life. Your writing made me feel like I was back in the Rockies, thanks. If you're like us, you've already started preparing for next years trip.

I pledge allegiance to the Flag of the United States of America and to the Republic for which it stands, one nation UNDER GOD, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.