IGNORED

Next up Bass Pro

Fishman

Are we talking about not selling assault rifles at Bass Pro?  The post is a bit of a mystery, but I think that's where you're going with this.  I'm only surprised at how long it took the antis to boycott companies affiliated with guns in any way.  Get used to it, because it's only going to get worse over time despite the makeup of the US Supreme Court.  And hunters and anglers using big box stores to save a few bucks only to watch those stores consolidate into a few giants is part of our problem moving forward.  The little local guys are increasingly going under to the big box stores and once the big guys stop selling arms and ammo due to public pressure, it's will be even harder to be a hunter.   

I agree. I admit I've been slow on this train, but I'm going to start going more and more to my local shops for things that they carry. I already lost at least two small town shops I can think of that went out of business. I don't want to lose more. Really, those mom-n-pop local gun shops are extremely important. Without them, we are at the mercy of people like this Dick's CEO that affects the entire chain of stores. And if that is all we got, we're screwed. Cabelas is now owned by Bass Pro, too, so as the wind blows at Bass Pro, so it does at Cabelas. All we need is some liberal taking over at Bass Pro (or their investors get pushy) and they are gone.

Bass Pro is a privately held company. The owner is not subject to public pressure, board members, and stockholders like publically owned companies. They will probably continue to sell AR's as long as they are legal of course.