IGNORED

Thoughts on G3 Jet boats?

JHbowhunter

If you want to get on plane quickly you put every thing at stern :happywave:

my current boat is way too stern heavy. 25hp electric start Merc w/ tiller, two batteries, gas tank and then my fat ass.  I can't get it to plain unless I have a passenger sit up on the bow then it runs great. I have tried every pitch adjustment and basically bow points up in the air and slogs...  Boat would be far better with console up front then it would run great with single operator. 

So your theory is diametrically opposed to my reality and thus I respectfully disagree with your statement.    This is one of the main reason I am thinking about getting rid of her - even as I write this I am thinking of ways to move both batteries closer to the bow, which is a major wiring project but still may consider.   

Nothing spooks deer more than my stank… 

16 3/4” Live Fluke Release Club

I shot a big 10pt once….

Not really, while adding weight to the stern lifts your bow up sooner. it also negates stern lift .

On a boat not  having excessive HP it will not allow enough stern lift and you will run with the bow extremely high.

spreading the weight out throughout the boat to keep it balanced allows the bow to rise less as the stern pushes up.

keeping the center of balance proportional allows the boat to get on plane balanced .

whole reason boats use trim tabs is to lift a heavy stern and push a high bow down 

I agree Dan. It is real easy to see what boats are set up right whether it be a jet boat or a prop. You want to run on top of the water not plow through it. The faster on plane you can get the better off you are. Console boats help in regards to weight distribution. One needs to be careful not to overpower with tiller steer motors for sure. On another note there is less of a wake when running on plane with a jet.

Edited by _X7

Not really, while adding weight to the stern lifts your bow up sooner. it also negates stern lift .

On a boat not  having excessive HP it will not allow enough stern lift and you will run with the bow extremely high.

spreading the weight out throughout the boat to keep it balanced allows the bow to rise less as the stern pushes up.

keeping the center of balance proportional allows the boat to get on plane balanced .

whole reason boats use trim tabs is to lift a heavy stern and push a high bow down 

Yes I am aware of the fact weight distribution is important. It was a joke although having little more weight at stern will get you up faster.

Edited by Lunatic

Yes I am aware of the fact weight distribution is important. It was a joke although having little more weight at stern will get you up faster.

wait are you talking about boats or women?   :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:

Edited by JHbowhunter

Nothing spooks deer more than my stank… 

16 3/4” Live Fluke Release Club

I shot a big 10pt once….