IGNORED

Python Season Open

yet another example of what happens to nature when people interfere. We have some other examples in North America, for example Starlings and House Sparrows.

And you should shoot every European Starling and House Sparrow that wanders into your backyard.

EDIT:   Though folks should learn how to identify male & female (especially female) house sparrows from the various other sparrows & song birds if they do decide to become avian vigilantes.

Edited by BenedictGomez

"I wish we could sell them another hill at the same price." - Brigadier General Nathanael Greene, June 28, 1775

I shoot as many house sparrows and starlings as I can, each spring, when they become frequent visitors to my feeders.  I pick them off individually so as not to incidentally take a native species.  But what I love to do is flock shoot brown-headed cowbirds with fine shot when they crowd the lawn beneath the feeders and no other species are present.

I say open season cannot hurt. If people get used to shooting them on sight it will help. I would love to cruise the everglades and shoot one. I have bass fished and alligator hunted there but never even saw a water snake.

Did kill a water moccasin hog hunting there but that was on dry ground