IGNORED

Ducks and Deer?

Batsto

Does anyone hunt waterfowl during deer week? I sometimes head south and hit the Delaware marches. Looks like we will be getting some good duck weather this week.

Yes usually saturday morning. Nobody out for waterfowl the last day of 6 day in my area. Kinda nice without the usual crowd of sky busters

AWM

Why not??? They are such great upland/waterfowl dogs

She is super noise sensitive/gun shy and has seizures. We also have skin allergies. The vet believes she has epilepsy. With good food and minimal excercise we have about 1 seizures a year. When she was pup we had trouble with various noises. She was scared of sirens, Motorcycyles, thunder, and if you drop a spoon she was off to her safe place. She has improved over the years, but it took work and patience. My buddy has one and does a fine job.

She is super noise sensitive/gun shy and has seizures. We also have skin allergies. The vet believes she has epilepsy. With good food and minimal excercise we have about 1 seizures a year. When she was pup we had trouble with various noises. She was scared of sirens, Motorcycyles, thunder, and if you drop a spoon she was off to her safe place. She has improved over the years, but it took work and patience. My buddy has one and does a fine job.

Oh ok, well give that pup lots of love

AWM

Batsto I have the same problem with my dog when she hears sudden noises around the house. I do hunt with her and she is fine in the field with the gun but at home its another story. Was there something specific you did to make her less sensitive to things?

Batsto I have the same problem with my dog when she hears sudden noises around the house. I do hunt with her and she is fine in the field with the gun but at home its another story. Was there something specific you did to make her less sensitive to things?[/quote

I did purchase the gunshy cure and thunder cure CDs and would play them at home and in the car. The Thunder CD seemed to work, but she lets us know if a storm is approaching with her nervous walks. On July 4th we play music and she is fine. At least your dog will remain focused in the field, which is a very good.

Many trainers think owners mess a dog up, but not all the time. I think it's a combination of things. Could be bad breeding and etc.