IGNORED

What crossbow scope do you have?

BowhunterNJ

For all you crossbow shooters out there, what scope are you using on your setup? Been deliberating on a few different ones, but thinking about going with the HHA Optimizer for adjustment with a standard heavy duplex scope reticle on a rifle scope of my choice.

I know there's information on the web that claims you can't use a riflescope with a crossbow due to reverse recoil and potential internal scope damage, but from what I've researched, it seems like quite a few people use riflescopes and the main issue is the parallax setting at 100 yds vs crossbow scopes having parallax set at 25-40 yards. I've seen where some guys have even had manufacturers reconfigure the parallax of a riflescope to suit a crossbow. The reverse recoil may be more of an issue on lower end scopes (which may not be recoil at all just the lesser build quality).

Anyway thought I'd see what you guys have out there! :)

I don't recall that happening.  I must have been on heavy meds still back then 

No more getting kicked in the head when Matty draws my bow back for me  :eek:  :)

I'm thinking about setting up a lock on above the ladder stand for filming and possibly shooting some doubles.  What do you think?  Was last year enough filming for you or would you like to do some more?

:hijack:    :offtopic:

I favor being able to adjust magnification to suit the shot over the hold over and a fixed magnification.

I wouldn't mind having both, but I would have to do ballistics on every power of the scope I set it to to know the distances of each aimpoint at each power...as when you adjust the power, the yardage aimpoints would then vary, no?

Example:

Zero at 3x and 25 yards.

First aimpoint is say 30 yards, second is 40 yards.

When I move to 4x or 5x, those same aimpoints are no longer 30 yards and 40 yards, no?

I'm thinking about setting up a lock on above the ladder stand for filming and possibly shooting some doubles.  What do you think?  Was last year enough filming for you or would you like to do some more?

:hijack:    :offtopic:

I'm still waiting to see that video myself from last year :)