IGNORED

Getting ready for bird hunting!

Yes fldbred-bcc,my property is on the Bradford,Susquehanna line,deer hunting there 40 years grouse all over the place took them for granted. Now see very few,saw two during rifle season,going to take Henry to that overgrown orchard to see if they are still there! Good luck to you this season.

Tallman

That area has always been good for deer and since AR it's gotten even better. If you want to travel a little west of your property about 30 min. there's an area that still holds a huntable  population of grouse and is Public land. I'll PM it to you if you like.

Pennsylvania Upland Hunting

Nice looking pup and good luck moving forward! I was looking into that breed but then my mrs. and daughter laid eyes on a black lab and gave me the same look as the pup was giving us. So we have a lab, haha! Shes great though and wouldnt have it any other way. Wish you and the pup continued success Tallman

I miss this, this would have been Attila's 12th season! And as the leaves turn, and the weather cools I miss him more and more.

Good luck this year, treasure it, cause it doesn't last nearly long enough.

Hunt with a Vizsla, cause life's to short to hunt with an ugly dog! :D RIP Tilly monster. (Attila) 2004-2017.

Tallman

That area has always been good for deer and since AR it's gotten even better. If you want to travel a little west of your property about 30 min. there's an area that still holds a huntable  population of grouse and is Public land. I'll PM it to you if you like.

That would be great,I'll be up there week of 10/21,not sure how to pm on this site!

I miss this, this would have been Attila's 12th season! And as the leaves turn, and the weather cools I miss him more and more.

I've had gun dogs since I've been 10,I'm 70 now been through what your going through many times,never gets easier,they take a piece of your heart with them!I have a 13 year old French Britt that can't hunt any more so last year due to that and my own health concerns I said that's it I'm done! Yeah right here I am training another pup,keeps you young.like to hear more about the hunts farm get together!

Gonna be awhile before I can even think about getting another, hell if I could I'd have another Vizsla on the way, but it will be at least a year or more before I get my financial situation worked out if ever, this frigging accident and surgery may yet do me in!

Edited by GhostBear

Hunt with a Vizsla, cause life's to short to hunt with an ugly dog! :D RIP Tilly monster. (Attila) 2004-2017.

I think most here know exactly how you feel. Two seasons ago we burried our beloved Springer on the opening day of Pa. pheasant season. The only cure is a new pup!

Pennsylvania Upland Hunting

They seem to be coming along nicely. Steady is good. IMO, steady has to go all the way to the fall. I don't subscribe to this crap about wanting a dog to be after a phez on the shot. I've hunted too many wild ringnecks in the west to know that a simple command on the fall for a find is far more useful and controllable than a dog that jumps on the shot....besides, dogs mark birds better on multiple falls if they can watch. It takes more time and commitment but in the end, it is priceless. To each his own.

PS, those pups have very nice coats.

Oh, and Ghostbear, I'd be happy to take you out for a morning of bird hunting if it would make your life a little bit better. My treat.

Edited by Kroil2

Kroil2, I was one of those who wanted my dog on the bird after the shot,but I shot a number of birds over him last year that he did not see and he found them,some fairly long tracks,and I decided I was going to finish this dog,his next step is steady to shot and fall,I'm happy with his progress so far!