IGNORED

11/10 check in

birdshotnj

Nice! Jay, when you rushed the shot, did you shoot over him?

No, I wish.

He was 60 yards behind a blow down passing my by upwind...

I grunted a few times and then did a rutting grunt and he came exploding through the blow down to within 10 yards..

I out the grunt tube away and went to clip release on but he was about to exit my opening into the thicket. .

So I stopped him with my voice, (which I normally do after I draw back, but I had no time to wait)

So I draw as I'm stopping hik, and he stops in his tracks and pegs me. So like a fool I got the pin on his shoulder and let it ride..

Under 10 yards. Square into the shoulder bone like a rookie.

Watched him limp off 150 yards stopping every 50 yards to stand and look around.

I should have taken my time, 20 years experience i knew better. He wasn't going anywhere. I let my nerves get the best of me in all the excitement.

Thankfully, it's not a fatal wound, and he should heal up. Maybe I'll get another crack at him before feb.

http://www.jerseyjaystaxidermy.com

Had a 8pt about 50yds away obscured by a few trees and bushes after about 45 minutes in the stand. That got the blood flowing. But he never came in. Also had a spike that looked big. Maybe 8-10 inches at about 10 yds for a while. Still looking for my first deer and if it wasn't for the antler point to restriction it might have been him. Gotta get this monkey off my back.