IGNORED

Finished Paying Alimony

BHC

I know but, this State is still female friendly

.. This is true... And might I add, the law wasn't changed for the sake of fairness nor for the benefit of men but more so because more and more women are having to pay alimony, and current projections suggest women will be the primary bread winners in two parent homes in the years to come..  Bottom line, men still are and will continue to get screwed in family court.. Bank it.. :cupcoffee:

:D

Ding ding ding...winner!  Marriage is for guys that don't hunt & fish.  95% of women will switch from saying they are glad you have a hobby to bitching about it in 3 years or less.  Never involve the government in your personal life!!!   If you don't want to miss out having a reception party, get married by a witch doctor or anyone else as long as it won't be legally recognized.  That piece of paper does nothing for you & everything for her.  You can only lose if it goes bad, she will likely get paid if it does.  I know.

My ex told me she wanted a divorce because she needed her space.  I already knew she was having an affair & proved it by putting a voice activated tape recorder under the bed.  She flipped when I played that tape for her.  She then had her lawyer request an emergency hearing with a friendly judge that I was never informed of or given a chance to testify at.  I went to work one day & a sheriff served me with an emergency court order to not go home or see my kids.  Never went home again.  She moved her boyfriend in shortly after.  I eventually got partial custody of the kids by moving nearby but lost all my equity in the house.  Getting away from her almost made all that worthwhile but I will never quite feel the same about my so called equal rights in this country.  It did free me to meet a woman 10 yrs younger & way hotter, been together 18 years now.  I would trust her with my life & she is in my will but we are never getting married...

If you are involved in an ugly divorce, my best advice is never be just the defendant, always press counter charges.  Always get a restraining order if she gets one, that way you'll both be in violation.  Defend yourself if money is tight as long as you are at least half as smart as you think you are.  You can always get a lawyer later.  Listen to your lawyer except when he advises you on the amount of financial settlements, always go for at least a little more.  Far too many lawyers will promise you they will aggressively fight your case & once you sign that check, they go passive & take the path of minimal effort. Get your guns out of the house sooner rather than later.  If it looks like you are losing too much & she won't budge & your lawyer says it will cost another $20K if you don't settle now, advise that you are firing your lawyer & will be defending yourself in future while pointing out that she will be spending the $20K in legal fees while you spend nothing.

Completely wrong.  I have been a lawyer for 21 years and I can promise you the best way to screw yourself is to try and do it without a lawyer.  Once in a blue moon someone might do ok representing themselves but that is the exception and not close to the rule.  When I got divorced I paid almost $15K to an attorney and settled fairly quickly.  I can read between the lines on hearings with no notice and moving in boyfriends etc.  and represented plenty of people in those situations.  Its uncommon for a woman to be able to do that immediately not to mention if she actually moves a BF in then she forfeits alimony on the basis of cohabitation.  Bottom line is divorce sucks both emotionally and financially and you have to deal with the consequences for a long time especially if you have kids but don't make a bad situation worse and try to work through it on your own.  Like them or hate them attorneys are generally fairly smart people and will absolutely dance on your face in a courtroom and will laugh when you say "she will be spending $20k in legal fees while you spend nothing".  Goes by income and other factors and the Judge makes the final decision as to who pays what and where it gets allocated from.  If you give legal advice on a hunting forum make sure you know what you are talking about so you don't push a fellow hunter down a wrong road and the guy ends up screwed.