IGNORED

today's crow hunt - need suggestions on ammo

mazzgolf

I was just thinking about their numbers. I never see an infestation like Canadian geese yet I'm not sure what their predators are other than power lines lol

Why don't we see a population boom? That many guys hunting them?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

West Nile Virus decimated their numbers a few years back and I dont think they have fully recovered yet....

ESTATESALESBYOLGA.COM    ALWAYS BUYING ANTIQUE AND VINTAGE ITEMS  CALL 908 868 8236 MIKE

Sounds like you educated them the first time out.

I agree with Stevo, 7.5s are to light.

Crow hunting can be action packed but frustrating if they aren't in range. One thing I learned was not to set up near tall trees. For obvious reasons, it keeps them from circling lower.

A piece of black plastic bag with a string to simulate a wounded crow drives them crazy.

Good luck

One thing I learned was not to set up near tall trees. For obvious reasons, it keeps them from circling lower.

Yes. I think that's something I've now learned. I'm always under tall trees, and they circle high and I can't get a good shot away from the tree limbs. I'm definitely going to look for better places to set up away from tall trees and outward hanging limbs that get in the way. Might even consider sitting in a blind just outside a tree line.

A piece of black plastic bag with a string to simulate a wounded crow drives them crazy.

Pretty sneaky! I've got the black-plastic-bag-over-a-hanger decoys, and crows actually do seem to pay attention to them. Putting a string on a bag and tugging it - sounds awesome! :up: