IGNORED

No Love Again From New Mexico..........pic

I love hunting this state, but it doesn't love me back. So far NM and Arizona is a no go. I do have a good chance to draw Colorado because I said screw it. I was trying to chase a coveted tag that I will never draw with the points and chose a ok unit instead. I am not getting any younger.

IMG_1979.jpg

1 hour ago, rocky said:

I love hunting this state, but it doesn't love me back. So far NM and Arizona is a no go. I do have a good chance to draw Colorado because I said screw it. I was trying to chase a coveted tag that I will never draw with the points and chose a ok unit instead. I am not getting any younger.

IMG_1979.jpg

Only place I ever elk hunted was in NM. It was supposed to be the mecca of elk (Chama, NM). I hunted a whole week w bow and saw two or three elk at over 300 yards. 

The draw in New Mexico sucks!  I will be hunting Unit 12 with a Landowner tag, it wasn’t cheap!  I wish my Colorado ranch didn’t have all that winterkill, it will take years to get back to normal!  Good luck in the Colorado draw!

43 minutes ago, Sako76 said:

The draw in New Mexico sucks!  I will be hunting Unit 12 with a Landowner tag, it wasn’t cheap!  I wish my Colorado ranch didn’t have all that winterkill, it will take years to get back to normal!  Good luck in the Colorado draw!

Unit 12 landowner tag? Has to be ranch only right?

8 hours ago, rocky said:

IMG_1979.jpg

My buddy lives in Arizona and hasn't drawn a tag for any thing In 4 years

10 minutes ago, Sako76 said:

Unit wide!

Previously they were only ranch. I like that unit because it was not on the radar, I hunted it twice. The first time I did the season was 3 weeks long. Then they figured if they divided it they could make twice as much money. "C" suckers!