IGNORED

Improved paulins kill river flows

BCsaw

• BCsaw changed the title to Improved paulins kill river flows

This is good news. There was a post on Facejoke about this on the Blairstown page. The ignorance of people amazes me. Some even claimed to life long trout fisherman and were complaining about how bad this will be. And how the snakehead fish is going to take over the river now. 

I am the Lorax - I speak for the trees. 

This is good news - although I do fish below that dam on occasion, it's great and long overdue. 
However - the Paulinskill Lake Dam removal, I just don't see how that could happen. An entire lake community was built around that dam and lake. It's a pretty scummy lake overall - can't believe people swim in it, it's just explodes with floating algae spring to fall.   

Also - the "Big Spring" behind Memory Park in Newton, is a major source of the Paulinskill, as is the easternmost headwaters off Limecrest road in Sparta / Andover.  

The limecrest water is pure, coming out of a Limestone quarry, but the big spring / newton water is also met with a ditch of water that is the outflow of the Newton sewerage treatment system, and that branch of the Paulinskill that flows through Hyper Humus (my old hunting club for 30 years before state bought it), meets the Limestone Quarry branch in Lafayette.  That Newton sourced water is probably the main reason for the annual algae bloom in Paulinskill lake. 

The limestone quarry branch, I caught more native brookies than I can count when I was a kid.   

Edited by JHbowhunter

Nothing spooks deer more than my stank… 

16 3/4” Live Fluke Release Club

I shot a big 10pt once….

People in town are pissed lol. I take my son by everyday after school to watch the machines in the water. He loves it and the other day the one guy walked over with his drone and showed my son it on his controller. Good group of guys!  But everyone’s so up in arms as if that area is pristine.  The dams ugly and the water above it for a 1/2 mile or so is stagnant and nasty. Never caught much in that stretch.  People don’t like change but the same people would be saying the opposite if the town had to foot the bill for repairs and taxes went up.   I do agree though about overall you have all this worK but will leave up the dam at the lake.