IGNORED

Muzzleloader best practices?

Farmingdales Finest

1 minute ago, smittty said:

Jb bore brite is what you want good stuff. I do a wet crc and let it soak ten minutes the 3-4 dry patches then the bite brite the let that sit for ten minutes then another wet crc then a few more dry. Oh before the first crc a bronze brush about ten passes. That should remove all plastic and copper 

I wonder if they are the same thing and the other company changed the name much like insect repellants? The reviews for both are very good.

Elite Pure, CBE Tek Hybrid, 10" B-Stinger stabilizer, Limbdriver rest , Alpine Soft Loc 5 Quiver, Muzzy 100 4 bld, Slick Trick Viper Trick Red Head Gator broadheads, Beman ICS Hunter 400 28" ,Scott Quick Shot release, Vortex 8.5X50 Vultures  :cheers:

2 hours ago, Gobblengrunt said:

I shoot a knight disc extreme 50 cal pushing a 300gr barnes bullet with 120gr 777 loose powder and 777 primer.  Im meticulous on how my bullet seats onto powder.  I run 1-2 wet patches (T7 cleaner) between every shot even when hunting followed by 2 dry patches.  Bore is perfectly clean every shot.  When actually cleaning gun, my breech plug is soaked in T7 cleaner, cleaned with pipe cleaners and finished with bore brite.  My barrel is finished with bore brite too.  Super accurate and consistent, its a true 300 yard muzzy

Never finish with bore brite reason being it’s a polishing compound that has abrasives in it. Use it then finish with crc.  Then a dry patch or two. The crc will remove the abrasive material and give you i good coat of oil.  

38 minutes ago, smittty said:

Never finish with bore brite reason being it’s a polishing compound that has abrasives in it. Use it then finish with crc.  Then a dry patch or two. The crc will remove the abrasive material and give you i good coat of oil.  

What CRC product are you using? I know they make oils but wasn't aware of anything firearm specific.

Elite Pure, CBE Tek Hybrid, 10" B-Stinger stabilizer, Limbdriver rest , Alpine Soft Loc 5 Quiver, Muzzy 100 4 bld, Slick Trick Viper Trick Red Head Gator broadheads, Beman ICS Hunter 400 28" ,Scott Quick Shot release, Vortex 8.5X50 Vultures  :cheers: