IGNORED

Venison Jalapeno Cheddar Summer Sausage

Hunter115522

3 hours ago, MGHunter66 said:

Looks awesome, I have a LEM kit on the way to make a bunch. Did you start low temp and progressively increase?

Exactly. Started at the lowest temp my smoker goes, 165. Did that for 2 hours. Increased to 185, did that for 2 hours. Bumped it to 200 to finish. Just make sure you really monitor that internal temp so the fat doesn't render. Guys pull then anywhere from 150-160 degrees. I tried to pull them at around 155-157.

2 hours ago, hammer4reel said:

Looks great , one of my favorite things to make .

Keeping the casings on and not pre slicing adds a layer of protection while freezing . Especially when a pack seal isn’t perfect .

we cut each stick to a serving size like you have but leave it in that chunk until it’s re thawed 

we follow Walton’s recipe , as it also uses a meat binder and the citric acid . And it def is a different taste than the straight lem seasoning packs 

Good to know, thanks. None of these are getting frozen that's why I remove the casing. Giving all these out over the next few days but if I freeze them in the future I will leave the casings on. Thanks!