IGNORED

Late season food plots

This year we had a ton of rain early, then it shut off. We are at the mercy of mother nature. My corn and beans did well, but my rye and winter wheat that went in late didn't get enough rain.

"All men die, not all men really live". WW

I bought a mix one time and planted it the same time the local farmer planted corn right in with the loose dirt around the edges. The plants grew great and the deer were eating the tops. The farmer cut the corn and then turned it all over exposing the turnips. It really didn't attract the deer as I thought it would. I don't know if it was because they were exposed or they just didn't like them...  

I bought a mix one time and planted it the same time the local farmer planted corn right in with the loose dirt around the edges. The plants grew great and the deer were eating the tops. The farmer cut the corn and then turned it all over exposing the turnips. It really didn't attract the deer as I thought it would. I don't know if it was because they were exposed or they just didn't like them...  

I think it takes awhile for deer to realize they are food. 

Some never touch them. 

They are hitting the radishes tubers much harder than the turnips with some bites here and there. The green tops on both are getting killed right now. 

I would love to have a deep snow to see what happens to the turnips. 

www.liftxrentals.com