IGNORED

Who Remembers This Blatant Bat Attack?

Fred Flintstone

Piazza had the opportunity at that moment to go out and stand up to Clemens and carry the Mets on his back. He tucked his tail between his legs and didn’t and the entire team was done at that point. He would have gotten his ass kicked by Clemens but it would have ignited his team

Edited by Bucndoe

There is nothing more intolerant than a liberal preaching tolerance 

God gives the toughest battles to his strongest soldiers

"Leadership is a potent combination of strategy and character. But if you must be without one, be without the strategy."

2 hours ago, Bucndoe said:

Piazza had the opportunity at that moment to go out and stand up to Clemens and carry the Mets on his back. He tucked his tail between his legs and didn’t and the entire team was done at that point. He would have gotten his ass kicked by Clemens but it would have ignited his team

That is not the way,I saw things. 

I saw Clemens clearly dart to his right as Piazza approached  and in the direction of the fast approaching Umpire- who someway got between them before the Yankee Catcher finally arrived.  You would think that the Catcher would be there first- but Piazza  was pissed.

Watch the Video again and watch Clemens dart away and no Catcher in sight - just the umpire those  first few seconds.

Take The Multiple Use Area Challenge. 

2 hours ago, Fred Flintstone said:

That is not the way,I saw things. 

I saw Clemens clearly dart to his right as Piazza approached  and in the direction of the fast approaching Umpire- who someway got between them before the Yankee Catcher finally arrived.  You would think that the Catcher would be there first- but Piazza  was pissed.

Watch the Video again and watch Clemens dart away and no Catcher in sight - just the umpire those  first few seconds.

I saw the entire game. There were many story lines leading up to that World Series and that incident. Piazza hit a Grand Slam off Clemens in June, Clemens hit Piazza in the head in July, all leading up to the bat incident. The clip you posted was just a small part of the overall story. 

"Leadership is a potent combination of strategy and character. But if you must be without one, be without the strategy."

40 minutes ago, jumpthestring said:

Never like Clemens, just another Doper.

I loved the rocket.

Piazza was a great catcher no denying. that's when you could steamroll the catcher blocking the plate not like today my player will get hurt.Clemons He was fire on the mound them were the good old days. Slapping his glove on his thigh.You could kick dirt at an umpire, Billy Martin was great at that.lol

“In a civilized and cultivated country, wild animals only continue to exist at all when preserved by sportsmen.” -Theodore Roosevelt

1 hour ago, Fred Flintstone said:

But who won the Ring ?

Edited by Bucndoe

4 hours ago, Fred Flintstone said:

LOL

It's all about the RING !

Edited by Bucndoe