IGNORED

More opinions

smittty

• smittty changed the title to More opinions

I've been reading for several years now about the negative impacts of EMF from transmission cables on ground fish. The fact these studies have been around for along time shows it's money over science and environmental preservation when it comes to these offshore wind platforms.

Is there a map anywhere of the proposed layout of the transmission cables that will bring the power back to shore?

I think more people would be up in arms about this if they saw a map showing their favorite fishing spot is going to have one of these cables running thru it. 

1 hour ago, DJ0808 said:

I've been reading for several years now about the negative impacts of EMF from transmission cables on ground fish. The fact these studies have been around for along time shows it's money over science and environmental preservation when it comes to these offshore wind platforms.

Is there a map anywhere of the proposed layout of the transmission cables that will bring the power back to shore?

I think more people would be up in arms about this if they saw a map showing their favorite fishing spot is going to have one of these cables running thru it. 

Yes there is a map and I have seen it I don’t know where to find it but it exists. A good friend of mine was involved in the charting. EMF never crossed my mind till I read this. I know for a fact that the sonar used will move most ground fish out of an area but that being said it’s my opinion that it has nothing to do with the mammals that are dying. I know they have four observers onboard that there job is to sit and glass for mammals 24/7 from the bridge and they have many sightings daily and as soon as they see one they shut down the whole operation for two hours from the last visual. I don’t know I just think something else a going on. But yes I found the fluke thing interesting. But regardless someone will be writing a lot of checks. The whole fishing industry will need to be reimbursed from the mom and pop tackle shops to the big scallopers.  Any of you guys in the industry better stay on top of this 

10 hours ago, DJ0808 said:

Ah most guys won’t even know it’s there and just blame the lack of fish on the draggers Lol 😂