IGNORED

Need help troubleshooting snowblower Starter

iluv2hunt

33 minutes ago, iluv2hunt said:

It’s about four years old 

Then most likely not the brushes

Edited by hunterbob1

“In a civilized and cultivated country, wild animals only continue to exist at all when preserved by sportsmen.” -Theodore Roosevelt

5 minutes ago, Woodsman416 said:

It looks like there is only the heavy gauge wire going to the starter and not a small control wire. Is that correct?

Pull the inspection cover

852ABB5A-EEA9-4D0B-94B6-F46A9035A86C.webp

“In a civilized and cultivated country, wild animals only continue to exist at all when preserved by sportsmen.” -Theodore Roosevelt

Good news! I got the starter working. Not sure if it helped but I gave a couple taps with the end of a screwdriver  I pressed the button and it started working and turning over the motor. Now let’s see if the problem happens again. Ordered a new starter to have on hand. They’re easy enough to swap out.  Thanks everyone for the suggestions. 

1 hour ago, iluv2hunt said:

Good news! I got the starter working. Not sure if it helped but I gave a couple taps with the end of a screwdriver  I pressed the button and it started working and turning over the motor. Now let’s see if the problem happens again. Ordered a new starter to have on hand. They’re easy enough to swap out.  Thanks everyone for the suggestions. 

Awesome:up:

Figured the tap would work suggested earlier a brush hang up.NO need for a new starter!

Edited by hunterbob1