IGNORED

Who Here Pheasant Hunts At Stewart State Forest In New York?

Fred Flintstone

Can't  wait for October 1st!!! I know alot of Pheasants were released for the Youth Pheasant Day on September 24th.

Only problem since 2015 is that the DEC moved back the Bow Deer Hunting opener to October 1st also. Plenty of competition  for the 79 or so hunter parking areas now.

I often arrive at 4am to get a good spot in the car line. 1 hour before Sunrise- it is off to the races-- Literally- LOL!

ABBEY is all ready and Stoked for October  1st!!

After this Pheasant Release for October  1st- it becomes a Guessing  game as New York DEC will only give out the - " Week Of" for future Pheasant Releases.   

So who here has Pheasant Hunted at Stewart State  Forest?

Take The Multiple Use Area Challenge. 

12 minutes ago, Fred Flintstone said:

Can't  wait for October 1st!!! I know alot of Pheasants were released for the Youth Pheasant Day on September 24th.

Only problem since 2015 is that the DEC moved back the Bow Deer Hunting opener to October 1st also. Plenty of competition  for the 79 or so hunter parking areas now.

I often arrive at 4am to get a good spot in the car line. 1 hour before Sunrise- it is off to the races-- Literally- LOL!

ABBEY is all ready and Stoked for October  1st!!

After this Pheasant Release for October  1st- it becomes a Guessing  game as New York DEC will only give out the - " Week Of" for future Pheasant Releases.   

So who here has Pheasant Hunted at Stewart State  Forest?

I don’t hunt up there but that’s great that they announce the week of only.  If only NJ would follow suit and end the shit show on stocking days. 

1 hour ago, JD48 said:

Fred, is Sat. a normal stocking day? or is everything the week of?

This October 1st is a Saturday. DEC might have the Pheasants out today. No Clue really.

Orange County  Federation  Of Sportsman's  Clubs also Stock Pheasants- " the Week Of".

It could be Tuesday,Wednesday, Thrusday most weeks. Only the Releasers- most often Retired Guys,Their families, and very close friends know the actual  Pheasant Release day.

How,I wish,I was in that select group- LOL!

I usually  guess right just once each Season  It is what it is.

Take The Multiple Use Area Challenge. 

41 minutes ago, Fred Flintstone said:

This October 1st is a Saturday. DEC might have the Pheasants out today. No Clue really.

Orange County  Federation  Of Sportsman's  Clubs also Stock Pheasants- " the Week Of".

It could be Tuesday,Wednesday, Thrusday most weeks. Only the Releasers- most often Retired Guys,Their families, and very close friends know the actual  Pheasant Release day.

How,I wish,I was in that select group- LOL!

I usually  guess right just once each Season  It is what it is.

Sounds like a winner for a select few, a challenge for the rest