IGNORED

All Around Midshore Rod

Greg

1 hour ago, hammer4reel said:

X9 is one of the thinnest braids there is .

your hollow core in same poundage is 30% thicker across the board .

I guarantee you set on the same rod throwing a popper there is NO WAY the hollow core will even cast 2/3 as far 

I prefer hollow core....as I explained above. Smoothest transition through guides. I would use FG knot for non hollow braid. I guess if I was fishing for fluke or any fish under 40 lbs I would use non hollow braid to hold bottom. I simply fish for stripers & tuna, nothing else.

Just now, nmc02 said:

I prefer hollow core....as I explained above. Smoothest transition through guides. I would use FG knot for non hollow braid. I guess if I was fishing for fluke or any fish under 40 lbs I would use non hollow braid to hold bottom. I simply fish for stripers & tuna, nothing else.

Fg is a shit knot .

while it won’t break often fighting a fish , we can see when guys snag what knots truelly hold best .

PR KNOT. For everything from sea bass to tuna. They don’t fail .

Captain Dan Bias

REELMUSIC SPORTFISHING

50# Striper live release club.

http://reelmusicsportfishing.blogspot.com/

think I got it narrowed down to a Tallus med fast 7'2". I'll drop the saragosa down to 40lb braid, which to be honest it may be,, its either that or 50 since capacity is so close to those two,,, either way i'll just change out since its been a couple years anyways.

53 minutes ago, Greg said:

I tie up my jigging and casting rods with pr knots. Very easy knot to do right and 100%

I avoid all the fancy knots by using hollow braid and splicing end loop. Then connect loop to loop. IMO the least likely to fail and smooth as silk through guides. My reels all have heavy braid (above 40 lb).