IGNORED

Mink trapping

things i look for in a fresh water stream are steep outside bends to set a bottom edge set or where the stream is choked down to set a 160.or i'll dig a hole in the bank deep enough to set a 110 with 1/3 of the hole above water. on tidal streams i look for exposed roots where they might be running around or bank dens. mink run muskrats rune too so set them also.set the trap with the dog on the bottom and the trigger wires in a v so the mink sees an opening to go through.

Saw one 2 weeks on a creek bed while deer hunting. Cool looking things

"I am the MacGyver of cooking. If you bring me a piece of bread, cabbage, coconut, mustard greens, pigs feet, pine cones...and a woodpecker, I'll make you a good chicken pot pie." — Si Robertson

GOPR9581_zps4ee730b7.jpg

i have my 110 wired to a sapling.

i put the sapling in the middle of the stream, the coni against that bump on the left.

i figure he came along that leaf flat-no snow, then had to enter the water because of that lump. the 110 sat just on top of the two sticks under water.

United Bowhunters of New Jersey

New Jersey Fur Harvester
New Jersey Trappers Association
National Trappers Association

Any tips on how to catch a mink in a small stream? For example what to look for when setting a trap.

Try bottom edge sets..

Place a conibear tight against the bank and on the bottom of the stream (bottom edge) at locations that bump out .

Mink travel under water alot and like to hug edges. The water current is much slower along the edge and at the bottom' date=' It is also where they can surprise bait fish and other prey .

[img']http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f137/gobblergeter/Image3_zpse73ec917.jpg[/img]

Image4_zps32b7c757.jpg

Also bridge abutments are great locations.

If you buy - Get'n by without footholds-. You will see some great locations to snare them as well (Shameless Plug ) ;)

I use to watch a mink every day while hunting. He use to crawl under the exposed roots near the edge of the creek then take a dip and do it all over again. Lou if u are hunting the same tree I use too up there I'm sure u saw it too.

I use to watch a mink every day while hunting. He use to crawl under the exposed roots near the edge of the creek then take a dip and do it all over again. Lou if u are hunting the same tree I use too up there I'm sure u saw it too.

Down the creek about 50 yards haha. Saw him a bunch of times

"I am the MacGyver of cooking. If you bring me a piece of bread, cabbage, coconut, mustard greens, pigs feet, pine cones...and a woodpecker, I'll make you a good chicken pot pie." — Si Robertson

I got a mink today. I have a 24'' pipe with slow moving water about 15'' deep. I put a volleyball sized rock on the bottom and set 2 conis on both sides of the rock.

I got a mink today. I have a 24'' pipe with slow moving water about 15'' deep. I put a volleyball sized rock on the bottom and set 2 conis on both sides of the rock.

I need to make that fox gif a little smaller! Tomorrow