IGNORED

Finding American Toads

Turn your porch light on and check around that area or any other light source about an hour after sunset...

If you cant find one and really need a pic of a toad you can use the one below.. Note its a poor specimen but....

TOAD.jpg

:rofl:  :rofl: :rofl:   ( I kill me

Edited by Axiom

:D

Are they even in Essex County?

There are a ton of parks in Essex where they should be found.  Border of Montclair and Bloomfield, I forget the name of the park, but it's pretty big.

I guess the questions are:  Where have you looked, when have you looked there?  Please be as specific as possible.  I noted in one thread you posted on a different board someone recommended finding them during mating season.  Not sure if that's come and passed.

Sapere aude.

Audeamus.

When you cannot measure, your knowledge is meager and unsatisfactory.

There are a ton of parks in Essex where they should be found.  Border of Montclair and Bloomfield, I forget the name of the park, but it's pretty big.

I guess the questions are:  Where have you looked, when have you looked there?  Please be as specific as possible.  I noted in one thread you posted on a different board someone recommended finding them during mating season.  Not sure if that's come and passed.

I already checked in Verona Park, I was able to find a bullfrog, but no American Toads. I looked for them by lifting up fallen bark and logs. I also used the same techniques in South Mountain Reservation and Watchung Reservation in Union County. Am I doing something wrong?