IGNORED

Final pheasant stockings

JD48

2 minutes ago, OldPiney Woods said:

Part of the new allocation plan put into effect a couple years ago. More birds at the smaller WMAs. Trying to get the hunters to other WMAs away from the crowded larger ones like Colliers Mills due to the incidents of hunters being shot.

All it does is overcrowd the smaller WMA's, the old 10lbs in a 5lb bag

10 minutes ago, Boykin Runner said:

Took a ride through Assunpink last Saturday after deer sit , and saw a cockbird walking around . Still holdovers , unfortunately I wont be around for this last stocking .  Enjoy, Happy Holidays !!!

Same to you, be safe

2 hours ago, JD48 said:

I go late afternoon on stocking days, and early on non-stocking days, nice easy hunt, no crowds

Definitely better to go at these times. Less hunters and birds are spread out for for better quality hunt. However, there are those guys that go at first light on stocking days so they can shoot their birds right near the roads, get their 2 birds in 10 minutes and be on their way.

If it’s just me and one other guy we do quail first then go for pheasant.

if I’m with 3 other guns we do pheasant first then some of us will go for quail after.

I like to do solo days on the non stocking days just me and the dogs it’s very relaxing.

Went out Monday and Tuesday with my Britt to Colliers Mills, Monday nothing, Tuesday she found a cock bird breast and 2 dead chukar that were in perfect condition, almost looked like they froze to death, but didn't seem like it was cold enough, still 2 great days out