IGNORED

Starlink Internet Service

dlist777

I recently bought a house where there is no wired high speed internet.  I purchased starlink (space x's internet).  If any of you have remote properties I thought a review might help.

1. Dish cost $500

2. Monthly fee is $99

It was an easy install on my roof.  Running the wire was probably harder than mounting the dish.  Connection has been great.  I have been using it for a week or so and have had no outages and no problems streaming from multiple devices...even did a zoom meeting.

If you have high speed wired, I'd stick with it.  But if you don't, consider this.  The only caveat is you need a clear view of the sky.  If you have a ton of trees or other obstacles, this might not work.  There is an app you can download on your phone to check if it will work at your location before you buy.

20210623_082159.jpg

Screenshot_20210623-082128_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20210623-082056_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20210623-082025_Chrome.jpg

The monthly cost for that kind of bandwidth is kind of on the high side, but not unreasonable.  I would be interested to see what those numbers are during crappy weather.  But it looks like a reasonable solution.

Sapere aude.

Audeamus.

When you cannot measure, your knowledge is meager and unsatisfactory.

14 minutes ago, Farmshine said:

I’ve been on the waiting list since the first day that you could get on it. How did they contact you? I left a deposit quite a while ago. I’m in Hunterdon Co, how about you?

My property is on the MD eastern shore.  I got thr dish within a month.  I would put in a support request by logging into your account.

21 minutes ago, Haskell_Hunter said:

The monthly cost for that kind of bandwidth is kind of on the high side, but not unreasonable.  I would be interested to see what those numbers are during crappy weather.  But it looks like a reasonable solution.

We had really heavy rains and winds yesterday.  I didn't notice any problems.  I didn't run tests but I was streaming all day.

9 minutes ago, dlist777 said:

My property is on the MD eastern shore.  I got thr dish within a month.  I would put in a support request by logging into your account.

Where are you on the shore sir? I’m in Worcester east of snow hill.  We haven’t heard boo since February.