IGNORED

2021 Special Edition Camaro.....Issues

BHC

A friend of mine purchased a 2021 special edition camaro, he purchased it in late August and by mid november the muffler fell off it's weekend car with 1178 miles, it's under warranty and the special muffler has to be ordered well it's been on order since mid november and Chevy advised him not to drive it cause other issues can happen, they have from day one refused to give him a loaner and they claim the delay on the muffler is due to covid-19 and that the muffler is a special one and they have none in stock, he also asked if they would purchase it from Borla which he says is on his car, they refused. He just filed a lawsuit I believe he wants a refund on the car since they had ample time to fix it, no loaner given and refund on insurance and the payments on the car he made since november if a full refund isn't granted, and the fact GM is showing bad faith, and breach of contract ,all correspondences has been in writing.  It's not the dealer it's GM themselves giving him a uphill battle.....sounds like the battle I had with GM back in 1995 with a brand new blazer 

3 minutes ago, BHC said:

A friend of mine purchased a 2021 special edition camaro, he purchased it in late August and by mid november the muffler fell off it's weekend car with 1178 miles, it's under warranty and the special muffler has to be ordered well it's been on order since mid november and Chevy advised him not to drive it cause other issues can happen, they have from day one refused to give him a loaner and they claim the delay on the muffler is due to covid-19 and that the muffler is a special one and they have none in stock, he also asked if they would purchase it from Borla which he says is on his car, they refused. He just filed a lawsuit I believe he wants a refund on the car since they had ample time to fix it, no loaner given and refund on insurance and the payments on the car he made since november if a full refund isn't granted, and the fact GM is showing bad faith, and breach of contract ,all correspondences has been in writing.  It's not the dealer it's GM themselves giving him a uphill battle.....sounds like the battle I had with GM back in 1995 with a brand new blazer 

What's your point bro?

It is covid. Everything is hard to get, I can give you a long list of things I had to wait for, for ever. The last thing is repair on my washing machine. Almost two months ago I had a warranty repair guy tell me he has to order the part but he has no clue when he will get it. I just had a call, it will be repaired next Friday. All these shut downs have consequences 

The muffler is in stock from the Borla as he called them and got the confirmation in writing from them, but GM refuses to purchase it from them....going on nearly 6 months ...also they refused to give him a loaner yet told him not to drive it......they must supply a loaner for long period repairs

Edited by BHC

14 minutes ago, Lunatic said:

It is covid. Everything is hard to get, I can give you a long list of things I had to wait for, for ever. The last thing is repair on my washing machine. Almost two months ago I had a warranty repair guy tell me he has to order the part but he has no clue when he will get it. I just had a call, it will be repaired next Friday. All these shut downs have consequences 

I understand.....I had a new refrigerator and living room set delayed for a few months due to covid....but 6 months is one thing, but refusing to give a loaner and not getting the muffler from the Borla  as it's in stock is poor business 

3 minutes ago, BHC said:

I understand.....I had a new refrigerator and living room set delayed for a few months due to covid....but 6 months is one thing, but refusing to give a loaner and not getting the muffler from the Borla  as it's in stock is poor business 

That’s a separate issue. Yes GM did not handle it right. Unfortunately I find too many places not handling  problems the way they should. In many cases it’s jut the people who suck. 

Edited by Lunatic