IGNORED

Comparing x stand and lone wolf sit and climbs

vdep217

All of the stands mentioned here have attributes and flaws. I always opt for comfort because I do long sits and being comfortable minimizes movement. As for carrying, weight is not an issue when you have the right backpack straps and adjust them so the stand sits up on your back not hanging down by your butt causing shoulder strain and making the stand feel heavy. Some modification is needed. For example, Summit instructions have you mount the straps to the platform, I modified mine and the straps attach to the upper portion. Like night and day

Edited by MGHunter66

AWM

9 minutes ago, MGHunter66 said:

All of the stands mentioned here have attributes and flaws. I always opt for comfort because I do long sits and being comfortable minimizes movement. As for carrying, weight is not an issue when you have the right backpack straps and adjust them so the stand sits up on your back not hanging down by your butt causing shoulder strain and making the stand feel heavy. Some modification is needed. For example, Summit instructions have you mount the straps to the platform, I modified mine and the straps attach to the upper portion. Like night and day

Agree on all but on this: 

“weight is not an issue when you have the right backpack straps”

it’s not an issue if you are going 100 yards in. Take that stand 3 miles in, in difficult terrain and it will kick your ass.  

34 minutes ago, Lunatic said:

Agree on all but on this: 

“weight is not an issue when you have the right backpack straps”

it’s not an issue if you are going 100 yards in. Take that stand 3 miles in, in difficult terrain and it will kick your ass.  

Negative. I walk 2 miles up Jacks Mountain in PA with this set up and an 8lb rifle. No problem.  But then again no skirt to trip over here :eyebrow:

AWM

33 minutes ago, MGHunter66 said:

Negative. I walk 2 miles up Jacks Mountain in PA with this set up and an 8lb rifle. No problem.  But then again no skirt to trip over here :eyebrow:

I might try the best of both and buy a replacement summit seat for the lone wolf i checked it will fit