IGNORED

License needed to be on WMA???

10 hours ago, Hawkeye57 said:

I always felt like there should be big signs stating hunting in progress. Most people don’t even realize it. 

Cool idea!

I guess they pay taxes and have the right to to use the WMA. They should have been shut during the Pandemic.  I wonder how many people caught the Rona Virus as they hiked in the woods? Murphy should waste more tax dollars and do an extensive study. 

I’ve had so many hikers, bikers dog walkers blow my hunts in my short time hunting in NJ.  Almost not even worth hunting WMA.  I’ve had people on go carts and quads rip through when I’ve had deer coming in during archery ruining the hunt.  Not sure what the rules are for atvs but in PA on SGL if caught riding a quad without a handicap permit you get license taken and they take your firearms out of your home for a set time.  Probably dosnt really matter here cause most riding on WMA are non hunter/gun owners.  If you use the WMA you should have to purchase a stamp to use the land $10 even.  This way it’s all equal. Oh well we will see!

54 minutes ago, Eyesofthewoods said:

I’ve had so many hikers, bikers dog walkers blow my hunts in my short time hunting in NJ.  Almost not even worth hunting WMA.  I’ve had people on go carts and quads rip through when I’ve had deer coming in during archery ruining the hunt.  Not sure what the rules are for atvs but in PA on SGL if caught riding a quad without a handicap permit you get license taken and they take your firearms out of your home for a set time.  Probably dosnt really matter here cause most riding on WMA are non hunter/gun owners.  If you use the WMA you should have to purchase a stamp to use the land $10 even.  This way it’s all equal. Oh well we will see!

The issue with charging non hunters would be they get a say in how the land is managed.  As an example they could say hunters are there to many days we want 2 or 3 days no hunting allowed.  Or this is the best area for hiking we dint want people hunting there for ssftey

1 hour ago, vdep217 said:

The issue with charging non hunters would be they get a say in how the land is managed.  As an example they could say hunters are there to many days we want 2 or 3 days no hunting allowed.  Or this is the best area for hiking we dint want people hunting there for ssftey

Understandable.  I’m happy I have my hunting camp in PA.  Atleast I can drive 1.5 hours and have 80 acres to myself for most part bordered by thousands of acres of SGL.  I’m gonna hunt no matter what but it would be nice if it was better for the hunters!