IGNORED

Prescription Eye Pro

3 minutes ago, mazzgolf said:

I hate it so much, I finally broke down and got contact lenses 

I originally was going to get contact lenses, but the doc said my astigmatism was so bad that my contact lens would move and my vision would go out of focus frequently and that isn't something I want to happen when I'm aiming my bow or gun. So I'm going glasses. 

Backcountry Hunters & Anglers Member

NWTF Member

6 minutes ago, deletereturnshift said:

but the doc said my astigmatism was so bad that my contact lens would move and my vision would go out of focus frequently

Ahh. that sucks. So you'll have to deal with the fogging issue (which is my main gripe about glasses).

When I talked to my optometrist about this, he mentioned a treatment you can get right on your lenses (OptiFog).  I never got it, but you might want to look into it. I can't remember why I didn't get it - might have been cost.

I used to buy "QuickSpit Anti-Fog" spray and put it on my glasses - that stuff kinda worked but not for long.

The vision problem I have related to hunting is I cannot shoot my compound bow with my glasses on. When I come to full draw the center piece of the glasses obstructs my view of the peep sight. As a soulotion I got a Verifier peep sight from Lancaster Archery. It has a lense in it that makes the pins clear. So now I shoot without my glasses. That creates several problems. One is if I want to look at my phone while on stand I have to put the glasses on . That involves extra movement and the possibility of dropping the glasses.  It also makes it difficult to evaluate the rack on a buck. If I continue to bow hunt I want to go to a recurve so I can wear the glasses while I hunt.

Fogging issue is extremely minimal if you are willing to have a cold nose lol. Lens won’t fog up if you don’t keep face mask over nose and upper lip. 

unless you are lucky enough to have shot within first 5 mins of sit- again fogging won’t be an issue. My glasses fog as I walk in and get set in my stand. If they stay on your face, they will stay fogged. Take glasses off for 2 mins as you settle down and allow heat to leave your face. Put glasses back on and your fine. 

At range- yes my glasses fog up. However they have never been an issue with rifle or shotgun. Again- our west my glasses fogged a lot as I worked up a sweat. However- once bull was in sight, I took glasses off. Took a few deep breaths and glasses were fine for the full minute from target identification to trigger pull.