IGNORED

stupid squirrels ate my feeder bucket!

Well, you folks were right. Plastic bucket no match for stupid squirrels that want the corn inside. I even wrapped it with some chicken wire 2 weeks ago. I get there today, the chicken wire is on the ground (not sure how they managed that) and a bunch of holes chewed all the way through. I wish I had a video of them doing it - they had to have been working on those holes for a long time to go all the way through.

Looks like I'm off to find metal bucket with a lid. I was trying to go cheap - but I guess I need to buy one of those 30 dollar metal buckets with the locking lids.

28 minutes ago, mazzgolf said:

Well, you folks were right. Plastic bucket no match for stupid squirrels that want the corn inside. I even wrapped it with some by wire 2 weeks ago. I get there today, the chicken wire is on the ground (not sure how they managed that) and a bunch of holes chewed all the way through. I wish I had a video of them doing it - they had to have been working on those holes for a long time to go all the way through.

Looks like I'm off to find metal bucket with a lid. I was trying to go cheap - but I guess I need to buy one of those 30 dollar metal buckets with the locking lids.

Told you so.

Edited by hunterbob1

“In a civilized and cultivated country, wild animals only continue to exist at all when preserved by sportsmen.” -Theodore Roosevelt

It's not just the corn inside they want. The manufacturing process of most plastics includes some oils that are attracting to chewing animals

There is nothing more intolerant than a liberal preaching tolerance 

God gives the toughest battles to his strongest soldiers

"Leadership is a potent combination of strategy and character. But if you must be without one, be without the strategy."

Went to tractor supply and bought a 6-gallon metal bucket with a lid that locks on pretty tight. I think think should be good now.

metal-bucket.jpg.e3fe53a9f25c263641746af1aeccecd7.jpg

And take a look at what they did to my plastic bucket... they chewed holes in the perfect spots down on the bottom corner so all the corn would just pour out. If you notice, they first were chewing off the plastic rims off the top of the bucket. I guess once they realized that was getting them nowhere, that's when they started chewing off the bottom.

I was going through all my pics and I found two pics that caught one of the tree rats in the act! Check out the acrobatics - I have no idea what he is hanging onto (or how he is doing it) with his hind legs, but he is hanging off the top of the bucket somehow and stretching his body to reach all the way down to the bottom edge to chew on it.

plastic-bucket2.jpg.9cb26d9e9684ff27ffc42c5f480f2ea3.jpgplastic-bucket1.jpg.adc1a399d5dd4ca94a2e98a2c25ef46c.jpg

squirrel-feeder2.jpg.a2c1d3b7d96a8337295fba8da3ce3303.jpgsquirrel-feeder1.jpg.46e3aaf83bd91657ad7544d998bb1ce0.jpg