IGNORED

Ramsey's is getting as bad as Dicks

MackofallTrades

So I was in Ramsey's today and asked to see a pistol.  I was asked for my FID card first and was told I wasn't allowed to handle them without it.  I of course didn't have it on me, but asked if that was store policy.  I was informed that it was state law and that it definitely wasn't store policy.

So, I went about 5 miles down the road and gave the salesman at the next LGS a good laugh when I told him the story.  He then handed me about 5 pistols to look at.

I can understand a store policy, but to tell me it was state law?  Lying to a customer is not ok.  I didn't put up an argument, but I don't think I will make any further purchases there.  This is the second incident I had at this store  this year (the one I am not mentioning was fairly serious but not related to guns). 

Why would they lie even lie about it?  It doesn't even make sense...

Ok, I'm done with my rant...

:doh2:

Edited by MackofallTrades

- Mack

I've never once in any NJ store been able to look at a hand gun without being asked if I had my FID with me.  I don't know if the law states that or not, but never in any store was I allowed to handle a handgun without first producing my FID card (which I always have on me).  Same for rifles and shotguns.  The store employees need to know up front if you can legally own a gun or not.  Why bother showing it if you can't?  I've been in plenty of stores where perspective buyers didn't have their legal documents to buy.  And that's just me standing at a counter now and then.  I bet if you ask employees of any gun shops, they'd tell you lots of people come in to look at guns but don't have whatever is legal in that state to purchase them.   

I've never once in any NJ store been able to look at a hand gun without being asked if I had my FID with me.  I don't know if the law states that or not, but never in any store was I allowed to handle a handgun without first producing my FID card (which I always have on me).  Same for rifles and shotguns.  The store employees need to know up front if you can legally own a gun or not.  Why bother showing it if you can't?  I've been in plenty of stores where perspective buyers didn't have their legal documents to buy.  And that's just me standing at a counter now and then.  I bet if you ask employees of any gun shops, they'd tell you lots of people come in to look at guns but don't have whatever is legal in that state to purchase them.   

Yeah, I have no problem with store policies like that.  What bothers me is that he told me it was NJ law and was emphatic about it.

- Mack

was in Dicks one day for slugs n  they told me I needed a FID, I said what is that store policy he said no it's state law for slugs cause they are a single bullet lol what ever, then went to Mikes n bought 3 boxes of them no questions . told him what they said n he couldn't stop laugh'n .

You add camo to anything, it immediately becomes cool.