IGNORED

Need someone with a 2012 F-250 Supercab to take a photo

Swamp_Yankee

I bought a 2012 F-250 Supercab from a utility company that was in great shape, but the backseat (including seatbelts) had been entirely removed to make room for tool and material storage.  I got a new take-out seat off of Ebay but had to buy new OEM Ford parts to replace both side retractors, belts, and buckles and the center belt and buckle.  The sides were no big deal and came with the bolts I needed.  The center retractor was a different story.  All that came in the box was the retractor itself, no bolt.  I can easily see where it fits into the bracket behind the seat back, but unlike the side retractors, there is no threaded nut mounted on the body for it to screw into.  When looking at the parts diagram that was sent along, all it shows is a threaded bolt but no corresponding nut:

T9NYGja.jpg

The retractor itself is not threaded so the bolt does not screw into that either.  I suppose I could just throw a Grade 8 bolt and nut in there and call it a day, but when it comes to safety equipment I'd much rather be sure that I'm installing it as the manufacturer intended and as it was tested.  If someone with a 2012 F-250 Supercab could pop their seat back (its very easy, takes a flathead screwdriver and about 10 seconds) and take a photo of the center retractor and how it's mounted I would really appreciate it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HsnSR16rc00

I live back in the woods you see

My woman and the kids and the dogs and me

I got a shotgun a rifle and a four wheel drive and a country boy can survive

Is an F150 the same set up ?

There is nothing more intolerant than a liberal preaching tolerance 

God gives the toughest battles to his strongest soldiers

"Leadership is a potent combination of strategy and character. But if you must be without one, be without the strategy."

22 minutes ago, Bucndoe said:

Is an F150 the same set up ?

I don't know for sure, but I would say no just because the body style is different.  In theory any Super Duty (250/350/450, etc...) from 2011 - 2015 would work, but the F150 is a totally different platform.  

I live back in the woods you see

My woman and the kids and the dogs and me

I got a shotgun a rifle and a four wheel drive and a country boy can survive