IGNORED

Seaguar Threadlock hollow core braid for knotless connections

MZ7Extreme

Been using this for fluke with good results. I tried a few different knots to connect solid braid to mono or fluoro and with some of my micro guide rods, knots would hang up in my guides, it also happened with other regular sized tip guides on the retrieve in.

Thought to myself wish I could use hollow core with fluke so I picked this seaguar up and it did the trick. no knots just a few wraps of floss and a dab of glue and I used the same leader for half the season.

Going to try this with tog this week see if it will be just as good. Will let you know.

Here is a video that I used to connect hollow core to leader

Most hollow core starts at 40#.

sure it will be fine for tog , but IMO fluking  it’s only going to be light enough when casting ahead .

That works great in many areas , it won’t work in 90% of the areas I personally fluke.

using 14/17# braid as a comparison you would need to fish twice as heavy a buck tail to maintain a vertical scope .

IMO  even casting your losing performance of a lighter jig even walking it back.

Captain Dan Bias

REELMUSIC SPORTFISHING

50# Striper live release club.

http://reelmusicsportfishing.blogspot.com/

13 minutes ago, hammer4reel said:

Most hollow core starts at 40#.

sure it will be fine for tog , but IMO fluking  it’s only going to be light enough when casting ahead .

That works great in many areas , it won’t work in 90% of the areas I personally fluke.

using 14/17# braid as a comparison you would need to fish twice as heavy a buck tail to maintain a vertical scope .

IMO  even casting your losing performance of a lighter jig even walking it back.

I agree precision drifting on a private boat this high of a lb test would be more counter intuitive but for head-boat fishing its perfect.

When I purchase a new saltwater boat I will most definitely be precision fishing and will be using thinner hollow core like Toro Tamer Hollow Core 20-30 lb.

1 hour ago, MZ7Extreme said:

I agree precision drifting on a private boat this high of a lb test would be more counter intuitive but for head-boat fishing its perfect.

When I purchase a new saltwater boat I will most definitely be precision fishing and will be using thinner hollow core like Toro Tamer Hollow Core 20-30 lb.

Fishing deep water ruff stuff is much better suited for thinner braids.

Otherwise you will be fishing 8 oz when everyone else is fishing 5.

Lines that have a bigger surface just push too much in a drift. 

Even different lines of t h e same # can cause a jig to be an extra ounce heavier.

What you gain in ease of knots will be quickly lost in overall performance.

Captain Dan Bias

REELMUSIC SPORTFISHING

Yes I agree with this 100%, though for me I only fish towards the drift the boat is drifting this way --------> I am casting this way ----------> and working it back to the boat, so 50lb braid is fine and I hardly ever go more than 2 oz, with 3oz being my extreme.

10 minutes ago, MZ7Extreme said:

Yes I agree with this 100%, though for me I only fish towards the drift the boat is drifting this way --------> I am casting this way ----------> and working it back to the boat, so 50lb braid is fine and I hardly ever go more than 2 oz, with 3oz being my extreme.

My set up for casting has 30# on it as it’s also my tog jig set up , and as you said it’s for being ahead of the drift .

but when setting up to drift wrecks and rubble you can’t cast ahead except sometimes at slack tide.

fishing those areas you want the jig in the zone as much as possible . .

just 2 totally available options .

doesnt hurt to be set up for both. 

Captain Dan Bias

REELMUSIC SPORTFISHING