IGNORED

Man shoots himself with crossbow

mattg1500

Being stupid with any weapon is not something you can sugar coat or joke about. The difference between locked and loaded and strings at rest are a no brainer. This is right up there with guys that have their dog shoot them because they return to the truck with a loaded weapon. They lean the gun on the truck or hold it when the dog jumps and bang. Not all the lessons learned have happy endings......

This is because some people still would like to eliminate crossbows:-)

i just got one last week and love it! I was anti for years, not for other people to use but i told myself i wasnt, boy what a mistake! Its easier in a blind with with the kids,less movement in a treestand, point n click.

And the Winner is.........

7662390.jpg

Ephesians Chapter 6:12

For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.

Joshua Chapter 1:9  
Have not I commanded thee? Be strong and of a good courage; be not afraid, neither be thou dismayed: for the LORD thy God is with thee whithersoever thou goest.

I think you need to put your aluminum foil hat on.I don't have a problem with crossbows.My dad shoots one.My original post was just about the negative things happening recently done by idiots using a crossbow.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Lol, the old “ one of my best friends is black” argument.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lol, the old “ one of my best friends is black” argument.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Your clearly insane and are arguing with the voices in your head.Funny you accuse me of being like phil Murphy then turn a discussion about crossbow hunting into a race issue?Doesn't get much more liberal then that.Like I said your insane and I'm done wasting my time.Dont forget to lick the windows and put your aluminum foil hat on they will be landing soon.

Your clearly insane and are arguing with the voices in your head.Funny you accuse me of being like phil Murphy then turn a discussion about crossbow hunting into a race issue?Doesn't get much more liberal then that.Like I said your insane and I'm done wasting my time.Dont forget to lick the windows and put your aluminum foil hat on they will be landing soon.

Oh your one of those let’s see how many insults I can spew into my point kind of guys. That’s a sign of intelligence I hear

I hate how everyone just wants to Monday morning quarterback everyone else when they weren't there. Listen the guy shouldn't have put a loaded crossbow in his car we all know that. Could have been a million reason why, Maybe he started walking to his stand and realized he forgot his harness so he went back to his car and placed it on the seat while he dug through his bag to look for it. Maybe he rushed and fumbled around in a frenzy and the thing went off. i'm sure we all had those days when we are rushing to get to the stand before a certain time. The way a lot of you bash other people makes me think you guys never make mistakes. The important thing here is the guy survived and we can a learn a lesson from this. 

There is not one single reason why he did what he did.  Putting a loaded crossbow in your vehicle is negligent.  When it comes to never making mistakes, you are correct.  We as gun/crossbow owners cannot make even one mistake.  I don't know about some of you, but my father drove safety into our heads every chance he got.  In fact, he would test us when we were going shooting by handing us one of his guns.  If we didn't ask him to open the action to show us that the gun was unloaded before accepting it from his hands, it went right back into the closet (yes, closets were where Americans used to store their guns even with young children in the house) and we got a stern lecture about gun safety.  You need to be that vigilant when it comes to gun safety, and a loaded crossbow is no different.  Same goes for driving.  You get in the car and the very first thing you do is to strap your seatbelt on.  Before you start the car, before you turn on the radio, before you start a conversation with your passenger(s).  Safety is like a religion, and some here seem to be a bit casual about it or dismissive about others' lack of safety.  I came from another generation with a father that wouldn't allow even a single gun safety "mistake" and I now live with and raise my wife and teenager around guns with the same safety ethic. 

The bottom line with weapons is there is no room for even one small mistake.  It is the one thing in life we need critical focus on and to attempt perfection each and every time we handle one.    

Edited by Bucksnbows
"now", not know