IGNORED

FID question for Muzzleloader Purchase

Westfield Redneck

yeah, if your a NJ resident, you can purchase a muzzle loader in PA with just your driver license. 

still a good idea to get your firearms ID card changed with the proper address. the process in my town was NOTHING compared to getting my initial card. i walked into my town police dept and asked for the application to change address. its a different form. the one i recieved even said "will take up to one month to process" where as the application for the initial card says "will take up to 3 months to process".

i did not have to do finger prints again either. just fill out the appplication, fill out mental health release form, sign the handgun purchase agreement, and go online and pay $20 to the state police for a criminal backround check. 

license must match FID... I did the same thing. moved across town but I changed my DL to reflect my new address.. Tried to buy a weapon at Dicks.. Wasn't even allowed to touch a gun.. I blamed myself though.. I should have known honest people in NJ get screwed.. Never applied for a new FID because I was disgusted with myself anyway for having applied for that unconstitutional BS in the first place.. :cupcoffee:

:D

yeah, if your a NJ resident, you can purchase a muzzle loader in PA with just your driver license.

still a good idea to get your firearms ID card changed with the proper address. the process in my town was NOTHING compared to getting my initial card. i walked into my town police dept and asked for the application to change address. its a different form. the one i recieved even said "will take up to one month to process" where as the application for the initial card says "will take up to 3 months to process".

i did not have to do finger prints again either. just fill out the appplication, fill out mental health release form, sign the handgun purchase agreement, and go online and pay $20 to the state police for a criminal backround check.

Muzzle loader is not considered a firearm in pa or ny. A switch barrel muzzy becomes a firearm, in NY, as witnessed in Davis, Sloatsburg store.

I was afraid I'd have too sit out muzzleloader season as per usual this year I'm still waiting for my fid card to be processed but after reading your guys posts guess I should just head to pa to get one!

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Chasing the deer that eat your bushes since 2012

Thanks for the feedback. I tried taking my FID with my old DL that has a hole punched through it by DMV and my new DL hoping I may get someone that wasn't sure and put it through but got denied! So I submitted the paper work for change of address. My initial card only took 5 business days....No joke I guess it helps when you know some of the POs I hope this is just as or close to as fast as the initial.