• NJ Woods & Water Zazzle Storefront
  • NJ Woods & Water Cafepress Storefront

Welcome to NJ Woods & Water

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to NJ Woods & Water, like most online communities you must register to post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup.
Come be a part of NJ Woods & Water by signing in or creating an account today!
  • Enter contests and win prizes
  • Start new topics, ask, and answer questions
  • Subscribe to topics and forums you're interested in
  • Get your own profile page, blog, and photo/video galleries
  • Participate in live chat
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Share content with your social media such as Facebook, Twitter, and Google+
If you are experiencing trouble creating an account, please click here to submit a support ticket and we will help resolve any issues you may be having!

Photo

Tommy D and his sea bass report

92 replies to this topic

#21 Male OFFLINE   TDaly25

TDaly25

Button Buck

• NJW&W Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 188 posts

Posted 02/10/13 - 11:54 PM

Not sure if you saw smitty's post, but he said to touch base with him for some scallop guts for the trip, definitely reach out to him! :up:

cool thanks for the reminder Matt. I've never used scallop guts before, what is the magic there?

Excellence, in anything, never occurs by chance

Achieving perfection is impossible. Striving for perfection makes greatness achievable

#22 Male OFFLINE   BowhunterNJ

BowhunterNJ

Owner

• Administrators
  • 9,199 posts

Posted 02/10/13 - 11:58 PM

No idea, but I'd imagine they love them. smitty definitely recommended them for a reason.
If they don't work, you can always throw some sauce on them and have em for lunch! :D

#23 Male OFFLINE   Parker Pete

Parker Pete

Button Buck

• NJW&W Sponsors
  • PipPipPip
  • 190 posts

Posted 02/11/13 - 09:07 AM

get those scallop guts for freezing n tuna chum in june ..good stuff
Join Our Newsletter
Subscribe

#24 OFFLINE   jerseyhunter

jerseyhunter

8 Pointer

• NJW&W Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 818 posts

Posted 02/11/13 - 09:31 AM

Here's what Gerry had to say
http://www.njfishing...ead.php?t=56288

Hey Tom, I personally have been involved where one brother screwed the other out of customers. Never went on the Big J after that.

#25 Male OFFLINE   Scrubby rack buck

Scrubby rack buck

Y Buck

• NJW&W Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 458 posts

Posted 02/11/13 - 09:31 AM

What the heck did i miss???what happened Tom??

#26 Male OFFLINE   Jeff M

Jeff M

6 Pointer

• NJW&W Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 610 posts

Posted 02/11/13 - 10:52 AM

Yea seriously?

Hey, I once got handed down underwear and a paperclip for Christmas, and it was a great gift. - Si

#27 Male OFFLINE   DBuck

DBuck

Y Buck

• NJW&W Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 403 posts

Posted 02/11/13 - 01:29 PM

Come on Tommy,tell us what happened. Or have you been silenced?
"I pledge allegiance to the Flag of the United States of America and to the Republic for which it stands, one nation, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."

#28 Male OFFLINE   Beaverkill

Beaverkill

Button Buck

• NJW&W Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 02/11/13 - 02:33 PM

Come on Tommy,tell us what happened. Or have you been silenced?

Tom booked an overnight Bass trip.. He fell asleep in his bunk and when he woke up there was a..... Nevermind, let him tell you after he talks with his therapist..

Daniel Ansbach

#29 OFFLINE   PBhunter44

PBhunter44

Button Buck

• NJW&W Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 02/11/13 - 02:41 PM

Wasn't this the same boat that last year got busted taking over several hundred seabass over the limit as the capt and crew looked the other way?

#30 Male OFFLINE   Palawman30

Palawman30

Owner of PredaTorch.com

• NJW&W Sponsors
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,792 posts

Posted 02/11/13 - 02:59 PM

Wasn't this the same boat that last year got busted taking over several hundred seabass over the limit as the capt and crew looked the other way?

YIKES

Say it aint so!

#31 OFFLINE   PBhunter44

PBhunter44

Button Buck

• NJW&W Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 02/11/13 - 03:04 PM

Was in the APP last year.

#32 OFFLINE   PBhunter44

PBhunter44

Button Buck

• NJW&W Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 02/11/13 - 03:12 PM

Seemed to be out of season, not over the limit.....
http://www.app.com/a...&nclick_check=1

#33 Male OFFLINE   JJoe

JJoe

Button Buck

• NJW&W Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 115 posts

Posted 02/11/13 - 04:01 PM

All PB need one of these on overnight trips.. :)

Posted Image

>>>>--------------------->>

#34 Male OFFLINE   Sykk Physh

Sykk Physh

3 Pointer

• NJW&W Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 320 posts

Posted 02/13/13 - 08:50 PM

Just start reading the new post over there and yes it seems you can't voice your opinion again, Tom.

I have never fish with Tom at all, I have ask for advice him for advice on reloading etc.. I think Tom was putting up a post that explain his opinion on what he faced.. However , it does seem like once you due that on certain sites.. Especially against certain operations .. It's a quick red flag..

Good luck next week Tom .. Hope weather allows you go..

Joe
Capt. Joe G
Sykk Physh Sportfishing
(732) 239 1404
www.sykkphyshsportfishing.com
www.jpgcharters.com

#35 Male OFFLINE   TDaly25

TDaly25

Button Buck

• NJW&W Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 188 posts

Posted 02/13/13 - 09:19 PM

Sorry for keeping all you guys in suspense lol. I had a reservation on a large, well-known headboat and showed up at the appointed time and didnt like what I was greeted with. In my opinion the boat seemed considerably overbooked relative to the limit stated on the boat's website. (an observation the Captain strongly denied) It was extremely challenging to even pass up the walkways given the number of coolers that were everywhere. I could only find one area that had two open rodholders, and that was next to the grimy, smelly bait station. The straw that broke the camel's back was when I went into the cabin and there were a bunch of people, including some crew members, smoking. I have an acute sensitivity to second hand smoke and my only alternative to breathing it would have been to remain in 15-20 degree weather for nineteen hours, something I wasnt willing to do. I quickly picked up all my gear and left the boat, making a post about my disappointing experience shortly thereafter.

Alot of people then chimed in on the post, recounting similar situations. A number of others came on and objected to my voicing grievances without having spoken to the captain. When the boat returned to port the following evening the captain proceeded to vociferously claim that I was nothing but a liar and that all my claims were false. I didnt appreciate him trying to discredit my by attacking me personally and things proceeded to get uglier and uglier.

Eventually, Gerry Z. pulled the initial thread and then allowed another to be started. He was in a difficult situation obviously and caught between a paying sponsor from whom he makes a lot of money that wanted the threads pulled and a lot of the general membership that objected to my silencing and was accusing him of censorship. During the two days the drama went on I had to empty out my PM mailbox twice, as it was filled from people sending me PMs and recounting horror stories they had experienced on the boat.

At the end of the day I am extremely pleased to not have sailed with them because I know I would have been miserable and there's a decent chance I would have lost some gear to thieves. I am much more appreciative now of the different caliber/class of the boats and operations we have to choose from here in this area. I have mixed feelings about whether or not I was unfair by airing my grievances on a public forum before giving management a heads up, though I think that feedback and word of mouth is really all that we, as consumers, have at our disposal to keep operators honest.

So that is it in a nutshell!

Achieving perfection is impossible. Striving for perfection makes greatness achievable

#36 Male OFFLINE   Jeff M

Jeff M

6 Pointer

• NJW&W Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 610 posts

Posted 02/13/13 - 09:25 PM

Seems like you voiced your opinion and they didn't like it because it was negative..I know your not a liar Tom and anyone who knows you does as well

Hey, I once got handed down underwear and a paperclip for Christmas, and it was a great gift. - Si

#37 Male OFFLINE   TDaly25

TDaly25

Button Buck

• NJW&W Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 188 posts

Posted 02/13/13 - 09:36 PM

Seems like you voiced your opinion and they didn't like it because it was negative..I know your not a liar Tom and anyone who knows you does as well

Thanks pal, I've always prided myself on being a stand up, no BS kind of guy. Its important to me what my friends think of me, I dont give a rat's *ss what other people think.

Joe, Thanks much for the well wishes - I'm confident I'll knock 'em dead on the Voyager again if I'm able to get out!

#38 Male OFFLINE   lefteye

lefteye

Button Buck

• NJW&W Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 131 posts

Posted 02/13/13 - 09:55 PM

I went on an 18 hour trip on the same boat about five years ago and had about the same experience. The previous trip was cancelled and quite a few were allowed to go on the next trip regardless of the "limited fares" advertised. I suppose that was the solution to giving refunds. While it was crowded I will say the guys I fished between were good fisherman and I had no issues with that. The smoke in the cabin was a little rough for me, too.
Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the president.
Theodore Roosevelt

#39 Male OFFLINE   Scrubby rack buck

Scrubby rack buck

Y Buck

• NJW&W Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 458 posts

Posted 02/13/13 - 10:13 PM

Tommy might whine every now and then about the fishing being slow but hes not a liar.. that captain was a jerk how he reacted on the other site.. instead of trying to adress toms issues he just started calling tom a liar.. ill never sail on that boat... ever..

#40 Male OFFLINE   TDaly25

TDaly25

Button Buck

• NJW&W Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 188 posts

Posted 02/13/13 - 10:27 PM

I went on an 18 hour trip on the same boat about five years ago and had about the same experience. The previous trip was cancelled and quite a few were allowed to go on the next trip regardless of the "limited fares" advertised. I suppose that was the solution to giving refunds. While it was crowded I will say the guys I fished between were good fisherman and I had no issues with that. The smoke in the cabin was a little rough for me, too.

Tommy! How are ya buddy?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users