IGNORED

ideas for blind stakes?

mazzgolf

I use the big nails like guys used to use for treesteps.

They are about 20 cents a piece at lowes or home depot.

pound them in the ground with a hammer

Can you post a pic?   I dont mess around, and use 12" iron 3/4" thick stakes hammered in with a rubber mallet for my ground blinds, but they're a lot more than 20¢ each, so yours sounds pretty good.

"I wish we could sell them another hill at the same price." - Brigadier General Nathanael Greene, June 28, 1775

Can you post a pic?   I dont mess around, and use 12" iron 3/4" thick stakes hammered in with a rubber mallet for my ground blinds, but they're a lot more than 20¢ each, so yours sounds pretty good.

I use 12" nails.

nail.jpg

Edited by Rusty

These are great. $2.99

While I wait for my EBay purchase to come in, I went to tractory supply last night and bought their last one of those that they had in stock - $3:

https://www.tractorsupply.com/tsc/product/sunshield-spiral-anchor-pins-16-in

Went out this morning and used it on one corner of my blind. Went in easy, secured the corner down really nice and tight. So these are pretty good, too,.

Forget the long nails, spikes, just use regular green fence post stakes or the long stakes with the eyehook ends. We use them on bale blinds/ground blinds in the Midwest where the winds are zipping. 4 stakes,1 for each corner and then rope over the top so you are anchoring the blind from the top down. The nails, spikes can only hold down so much in a heavy wind, that's why we rope over the top to prevent the blind from getting any life before flying 4 acres away, which has happened.

Forget the long nails, spikes, just use regular green fence post stakes or the long stakes with the eyehook ends. We use them on bale blinds/ground blinds in the Midwest where the winds are zipping. 4 stakes,1 for each corner and then rope over the top so you are anchoring the blind from the top down. The nails, spikes can only hold down so much in a heavy wind, that's why we rope over the top to prevent the blind from getting any life before flying 4 acres away, which has happened.

Do you have a pic of this?   This is my only problem.  The 12" spikes I use are serious business, so the blind isnt going anywhere, but they're so entrenched that in high winter winds on a ridgeline I hunt I've actually had the heavy canvas feet tear off! :shock:    I imagine if the blind was somehow roped from the top it might prevent that, but I'm not getting what you tie the rope off to on the blind, and my blinds dont have heavy sturdy canvas loops on the top end, only on the bottom.

Edited by BenedictGomez

"I wish we could sell them another hill at the same price." - Brigadier General Nathanael Greene, June 28, 1775