IGNORED

Hearing Protection Act

Stevo

No, because the use of supressors would actually protect people's hearing.

And pissing in the ocean will lower the ocean's salinity.  

The reality is, wearing hearing protection will protect people's hearing.  This bill isn't really about protecting hearing, its' name is akin to a Democrat's pro-abortion bill entitled, "Anti kicking little puppies act".

"I wish we could sell them another hill at the same price." - Brigadier General Nathanael Greene, June 28, 1775

No, because the use of supressors would actually protect people's hearing.

I have been shooting 60 + years NJ. Profesional Skeet for 12. over the years hearing protection has come a long way from Cotton - Cigarette Filters- Wax. 

I used fully over the ear Ear Protectors. of various makes the Noise canceling ones are the best.  I also had ear plugs that closed when a shot was heard and remained open the rest of the time. 

The assortment is Vast a suppressor is just that some ear protectors can cancel more than it does.  

animated-American-flag-white-background-2018.gif

I Germany you can walk in to a gun shop and buy one; they prefer you to hunt with a suppressor. They don’t like the noise. I would love to be able to shoot without hearing protection. I do all my hunting with hearing protection now.

Same in the UK. A suppressor is just another accessory like a scope. It should be treated as one.

Anyone who thought I said they should be mandatory on all AR's should go apply for a job with CNN. They like your type.

Sent from my flip phone with the big buttons so I can see them

• 3 weeks later...

Looks like soon Silenced Guns will be the norm. Suppressors will be removed from the NFA and anyone who paid the $200.00 tax as of 2015 would be refunded. Of course State Laws would still be in affect which makes them illegal in NJ but you could buy and use them in states like Pa. Suppressors are a lot of money to buy let alone pay the $200.00 NFA Tax on top. Cheap ones are out there but make accuracy suffer. I would like to see Suppressors mandatory on all AR's at Ranges. I'm tired of getting blown off my bench buy a yahoo and his side braked .223 putting 15 down range in 15 seconds. Get one yahoo on each side and you might as well pack it up trying to get any real Rifle work done. It's hard to effectively use all you marksmanship skills when you are being showered with 223 Brass and you pencil is being blown off the table by muzzle blast.

Sorry Steve, I called out going loud....LOL! My Sig AR is the loudest gun I own