IGNORED

Relatively Newbie question - Zone 20

Turkey please

Hi All,

I am somewhat of a newbie.   Only a couple years under my belt and not raised as a hunter and pretty much a lone wolf.   Question:  Since zone 20 was so successful in terms of bagged turks last year, does that imply that this year will not be so good.   Will it need a year or so to replenish?   I applied to several zones but only got 20 in the lottery.  

Also, any suggestions for decent spots?   I know that is like asking another salesman can I have some of your customers, but I live up north and wont have much chance to scout, find roosting spots, etc...    I will likely make a couple of pre-trips.   I am considering Elmer lake and Thundergut because they are relatively close to where I can get bag rolled out to sleep on. 

May see if I can get an OTC for 21 too, but I know those go quick.

Thanks for any tips in advance.

I'm going to send you a PM - there are a couple spots I personally visited/scouted, always wanted to hunt, but never did because I have no time and so many other spots I want to hunt. I'll give you those spots, and in return I'd ask that you please give me an after-action report and tell me how they are after you hunt them in the spring. :) No guarantees, but at least one of them I'm fairly certain has turkeys, and the other one looked "turkey-ish" when I was scouting it last year (well, it's z20, there's turkeys everywhere so... ;))

And FYI: I never roost birds... I just go where I know they are and find them in the morning.

@mazzgolf  Thank you very much Sir.   Extremely helpful.   I will definitely let you know how it goes.   Can't really tell you how much I appreciate the response and not chastising me for asking a stupid question.

@Houndog  Thank  you, also very helpful.   Seems you guys are in agreement and that gives me even greater confidence.   Thanks again.