IGNORED

Reloading 9mm

Mikedxt

How much I'd he looking to make.  A single stage will get the job done such as rcbs rock chukar or the one @sxshas for sale.

As for progressives dillon is tge best but i have 2 lee pro 1000s.  One set for small pistol primers the other large and love them they just took a bit to get them set correct

Edited by vdep217

16 minutes ago, vdep217 said:

How much I'd he looking to make.  A single stage will get the job done such as rcbs rock chukar or the one @sxshas for sale.

As for progressives dillon is tge best but i have 2 lee pro 1000s.  One set for small pistol primers the other large and love them they just took a bit to get them set correct

He shoots a couple hundred a week. I was thinking a progressive would be the way to go. 

Have to agree with vdep. Dillon is great with their NO BS guarantee, but the price goes up every Jan. 1st for new. The initial outlay could be pretty pricey. Two good deals going on right now with sudsy and sxs. Brass, some of it primed, boxes, dies and a rock chucker for a great starting price.  Progressives are nice for high volume, but single stages are nice for rifle and more precise stuff and load development. Most guys started with a single stage and then went to a progressive.

There are several good cost calculators out there which will help you determine how much per round, box and even case.  Just remember when you factor in the price of powder and primers, whatever you pay for the powder or primers, multiply that by 1.06 because that is the TRUE cost with the tax added. There is ALWAYS an issue with some component. Usually NOT brass, BUT primers & powder can be a pain. Tough time to be starting out in reloading.

Best of luck. Let us know what you do.

3 minutes ago, 308federal said:

Have to agree with vdep. Dillon is great with their NO BS guarantee, but the price goes up every Jan. 1st for new. The initial outlay could be pretty pricey. Two good deals going on right now with sudsy and sxs. Brass, some of it primed, boxes, dies and a rock chucker for a great starting price.  Progressives are nice for high volume, but single stages are nice for rifle and more precise stuff and load development. Most guys started with a single stage and then went to a progressive.

There are several good cost calculators out there which will help you determine how much per round, box and even case.  Just remember when you factor in the price of powder and primers, whatever you pay for the powder or primers, multiply that by 1.06 because that is the TRUE cost with the tax added. There is ALWAYS an issue with some component. Usually NOT brass, BUT primers & powder can be a pain. Tough time to be starting out in reloading.

Best of luck. Let us know what you do.

Thanks for the info. Im an avid shotgun reloader as i shoot thousands of rounds in trap. I've just never had interest in reloading pistol/rifle rounds as  dont shoot them enough. I'll look into a single stage to get him started.  He wants to reload more as a hobby then trying to save money. 

5 minutes ago, Mikedxt said:

Thanks for the info. Im an avid shotgun reloader as i shoot thousands of rounds in trap. I've just never had interest in reloading pistol/rifle rounds as  dont shoot them enough. I'll look into a single stage to get him started.  He wants to reload more as a hobby then trying to save money. 

Can do both just gotta get in bulk when u can.  I look at alot of estate sales etc fir components.  Once in a while you hit gold lol

2 hours ago, Mikedxt said:

LOL. Just opened an email from Natchez....free shipping on primers, but YOU have to pay hazmat. wah-wah. Anyway, if you're a reloader than you can appreciate the hardships with primers and powder.

Good luck.