IGNORED

Bear broadheads

Deadeyekev

Sugar is correct with everything he said however the 2 blades have been very good to me over the years. As far as heavy head and arrow this is my thoughts. I would rather get T Boned by a smart car doing 80 mph then a tandam Axel dump truck doing half the speed at 40 mph. I tried lighter spine weights and heads to achieve more speed with my Black Widow and I stopped passing thru. Went back to the heavy head and arrow and went back to complete pass this at 46 pounds at 28" with a 30" draw so I am shooting slightly over 48 pound. I use the same philosophy with my compound and have not found a deer yet within 30 yards that can tell the difference. Also keep in mind the heavier arrow or bolt along with a heavier head will quiet your bow or crossbow down dramatically. Anyway these are just my opinions. Bottom line is shoot what your confident in and worry more about your placement.

First off I am not butt hurt at all. My brother shoots the slick trick and kills every deer he hits and also has a bear with one. I am sorry to come off with the test drive wording. I in no means ment to single you out. I was just saying that Indians used to kill buffalo with a stick and stone head. If you put a field point in the heart the bear is dead. I have a buddy who I argue with all the time because he kills four deer one year switches heads the next and loses a deer or two switches back to the muzzy and kills them again then switches. If you have something that works why switch. As far as my trucks I have owned 4 since I started driving at age 17. I am 43 now. Lol I don't like change.

In particular, I'd prefer to hunt bear with a fixed head. A lot of hide, hair and a thick layer of fat that can rob energy if using a mechanical. I love the reapers and spitfires on whitetails and make plenty of KE to allow me to keep on using them. I'd just feel better with a fixed head for bears. That, and I'd like to simplify and use a more durable head that I can resharpen, etc.