IGNORED

Ruger 10/22 see through scope base?

BowhunterNJ

this is just my opinion but stay away from see through bases.  when using the scope you lose the proper cheek weld needed for accurate shooting.  better than that would be quick detach scope mounts assuming you can still see the sights with the scope removed.  if you use see through mounts you'll need to add a removable cheek piece to get your cheek up high to get proper eye alignment with the scope.

Just looking around for the model in your video and saw this on the Midway reviews.

I think that reads as that base WILL work on the newer models but not the older models.

He also chose the see through rings, which like we both said above is not a good idea.

Warne rings and bases do NOT fit Ruger 10-22

by snipe, from United States, FL Written on October 27, 2014

I bought this equipment because I saw a youtube video produced by Warne in which a guy shoots his 10-22 with iron sights, puts the scope on and shoots it, then takes the scope off and shoots with the iron sights again. That was what I wanted so I bought the same equipment that was in the video.

Turns out, once you put the bases on, you CANNOT see the iron sights on my Ruger 10-22 so I paid almost 90 bucks and still didn't get what I wanted.

Warne folks have subsequently told me the bases and rings won't work on the older Ruger 10-22s, the ones with the fold down sights. Wish I would have known that BEFORE I shelled out the money.

BTW, I purchased a $14.00 set of see through rings and integral bases from Weaver, and they work wonderfully.

Are these QD rings?  I used to have nice Leupold QD rings on a Remington 700 ML that I owned.  The QD rings made it much easier to clean that muzzle loader.  I wonder if they would work on the bases you show?  good find by the way!

http://www.amazon.com/Leupold-QRW-1-in-Medium-Matte/dp/B0002IMQ1G/ref=sr_1_1?s=sporting-goods&ie=UTF8&qid=1452095788&sr=1-1&keywords=qrw+rings

Have a scope with QD rings I want to put on it, but looking for a base that will allow me to shoot with the iron sights if I choose not to put the scope on.

The solution is clear... Buy another 10/22!

Most Picatinny or Weaver bases on my 10/22's block proper alignment of the front and rear sights.

What base are your rings for: Picatinny, weaver, ... ?

I have an older 10/22 that has a very low profile base over which you can see the ball of the front sight and the valley of the rear.  It is not Picatinny or Weaver.  Probably, dove tail, but not sure.  Looks like the base on an air-rifle.

I have a AR style 50th Anniversary 10/22 that uses a rear peep and front crown.  I like this option the best.  Something about the peep sights just click with my brain.  I always shoot Enfields better than Mausers.

Anyhow, it is something like this.