IGNORED

how long do luminock/nocktural batteries last?

mazzgolf

I was at the archery range today, practicing with the bow and making sure my set up is all ready to go in another month. I have three arrows fitted with luminocks (or nockturnals - can't remember what brand these are - I think they are nockturnals), and I shot those to make sure they fly the same as my other arrows, and to make sure the lights still work. I noticed one of the lighted nocks are pretty dim - the other two are still very bright, but the third is dim. I took it out and replaced it with a regular nock, but it had me thinking - how long do these things last? Sitting without the light on, and with the light constantly on?

I left this dim one on - it is sitting on my desk. I'm curious how long it will last. The two bright ones, I don't think I never used on a deer - this dim one might have been used, I can't remember.

FWIW: I bought these years ago, I can't remember when exactly. But.. geez.. over 5 years ago I'm thinking -- maybe even 7 years ago.

Edited by mazzgolf

• mazzgolf changed the title to how long do luminock/nocktural batteries last?

I run nocturnals on my hunting and practice arrows so I have consistent nock fitment and groups. I let the batteries drain out on my practice arrows instead of fumbling with them every shot when practicing. I have seen them last as long as 2 days (48hrs+) in some cases. I have been pretty impressed lately with the battery life. 

15 minutes ago, Lou.D said:

I have seen them last as long as 2 days (48hrs+) in some cases

Yeah, this one is still going... probably close to 20 hours now... and I think this one was already used. I'm going to let this one run out and put it back in an arrow and use that as a practice arrow. But I really haven't seen any difference in arrow flight when using a regular nock and these nocturnals, which is nice.

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/31/2023 at 10:07 PM, mazzgolf said:

it is sitting on my desk. I'm curious how long it will last.

Finally died today - the light is completely out now (it was still lit yesterday). It has been left on since i posted that message... so they last at least 2 weeks.