IGNORED

2023 Tuckahoe WMA Managed Waterfowl Hunt

mazzgolf

Anyone going to put in for the lottery this year? Did anyone go last year, and if so how was it?

https://dep.nj.gov/njfw/hunting/tuckahoe-wildlife-management-area-managed-waterfowl-hunt

https://dep.nj.gov/wp-content/uploads/njfw/tuckahoe-info-faq.pdf

I didn't get a blind last year, but did go on two hunts the first year.

I think I'm going to apply this year again. I like how they will tell you which blind you are going to get when you are notified of the lottery award (I actually put this suggestion in one of my survey responses that first year) - no need to bring the boat if you know you can walk to your blind. Plus, knowing the blind location ahead of time you can cancel if you get a not-so-good blind location (hint, blind number #1 :D

Place is probably eventually gonna go back to the way it was. They already keep moving goal posts on the whole plans' objectives. Corbin going back to a free for all next year and not limited pressure. Can say good bye to birds having limited days they're getting pressured. 

1 minute ago, chenrossi said:

Corbin going back to a free for all next year and not limited pressure.

I noticed that on the latest announcement -- Corbin City impoundments are going to be back open to hunting 6 days a week --- only Tuckahoe impoundments will have the closure days. Last year they closed all the impoundments except for the 3 hunting days.

1 hour ago, mazzgolf said:

My guess? Hunters complained about the closure.

If FW made changes that quickly based on a handful of hunters complaining, we would be living in a hunter's utopia. We would have the best, most simplistic deer regulations, a thriving bear hunt, all the brook and brown trout your heart could desire, poachers who actually get slammed with fines instead of slaps on the wrist, etc..

Bet the farm, it'd be some bogus excuse about staffing and logistics if you emailed them, nothing to do with actual management of them like it is supposed to be.